1. Patients launch a $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
ME/CFS and the Magic of the Canine Factor
There's been plenty of research indicating that having pets is good for your health. I never really noticed any particular benefits to having cats, though that may have had more to do with my cats. They've been fairly indifferent to my presence and we've shared a live-and-let-live...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Hearing loss

Discussion in 'General Symptoms' started by JoanDublin, Jun 14, 2014.

1. JoanDublin

JoanDublin

Hi there,

Has anyone experienced hearing loss with ME? My young lad has noticed that his hearing is getting really bad lately. He has ME now almost two years. I just thought he was being a typical teen when he didn't answer me when I was calling up the stairs :) I had noticed lately that he is speaking really loudly and again I thought it might be just his pitch has changed as his voice is breaking. Tonight however he said that he thought his hearing was gone really poor and I did an online hearing test with him and according to the result he has significant hearing loss - about 50% of normal.

I'm going to take him to see his general doctor shortly about it but I just thought I'd see if anyone else experienced this related to ME?

Oh and he is also having severe and regular nose bleeds with lots of clots too :(

Thanks
    Joan
  2. DeGenesis

DeGenesis

I'm sorry for what's happening to your son, Joan. It looks like your son is in both a hypo- and hyper=coagulable state. Off of the top of my head, Anti-phospholipid syndrome AKA Hughes syndrome is known to cause this. There are also a whole host of rare blood disorders that can cause this.

I would take a look at Hughes Syndrome first though. It is an autoimmune disorder and highly underdiagnosed.

Sorry I can't advise with his hearing loss.
  3. Sushi

Sushi Moderator and Senior Member Albuquerque

Albuquerque
    Several have mentioned hearing loss. Have a look here.

Sushi
    Valentijn likes this.
  4. JoanDublin

JoanDublin

Thanks Sushi. Just read that thread. I'm strongly considering trying to get to see KDM with my young lad but need to make sure I have the finances covered first. Thanks again for pointing me in that direction. I noticed that the thread starter is also from Dublin so would be great to get her advice on the whole process :)
    Valentijn likes this.
  5. Sushi

Sushi Moderator and Senior Member Albuquerque

Albuquerque
    @JoanDublin

There are a couple of patients of KDM's in Dublin. I also see him, so if you have any questions, don't hesitate.

Sushi
    Valentijn likes this.
  6. JoanDublin

JoanDublin

That's great Sushi. Thanks a million. Will get back to you :)

See more popular forum discussions.