• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Hear More on Tuesday about NIH study during CDC’s Grand Rounds

Sasha

Fine, thank you
Argh, has anyone got the link? That link at the top leads to loads of links, none of which seem to be the transmission...

Valentijn

Very unimpressed with Dr Lapp. GET (non-curative, responding to symptoms), CBT (the good kind), sleep and pain management ... better than nothing I guess? But still gave the impression we're largely a bunch of head-cases by talking about psychology/psychiatry so much.

mfairma

Lapp was the first major doctor I saw. He was nice, but his approach was about as passive as I could imagine, for someone who specializes in the disease. His presentation was fairly poor, with a few bits particularly jumping out. I'm most bummed out by the over all tone he set, but doctors often struggle to communicate effectively. He may find that the exercise stuff he promotes helps, but that hasn't been proven and outsiders will not appreciate the differences between CBT/GET and what he does. His recommendation of the CDC material, as noted, further glosses over the difference.