1. Patients launch a $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
ME/CFS and Beating the Clock
For Jody Smith, the ticking of a clock was enough at one time to chase her back to her bed. But with the passage of time, she has been able to reclaim her living room ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Health Records for Psychogenic disorder accessed by U.S. Immigration Service

Discussion in 'Other Health News and Research' started by Ecoclimber, Nov 30, 2013.

1. Ecoclimber

Ecoclimber Senior Member

Mercer Island Wa
    Passenger denied access into the United States based on a health record of a psychogenic disorder accessed by the U.S. Immigration Border Patrol Agents.

Richardson, who takes medication to combat depression, said she provided the U.S. agent with the name and phone number of her psychiatrist, but it wasn't enough.

She was told she would have to get "medical clearance" and be examined by one of only three doctors in Toronto whose assessments are accepted by Homeland Security, she said.

This time, the agent cited the U.S. Immigration and Nationality Act, which denies entry to people who have had a physical or mental disorder that may pose a "threat to the property, safety or welfare" of themselves or others, she said.

And the IOM contract will do what?
    ggingues, Ren and Valentijn like this.
  2. Ren

Ren One of nineteen million dark horses.

On 12 May 2014, ME patients worldwide should apply for asylum in Canada.
    ggingues likes this.

See more popular forum discussions.