A New Decade of ME Research: The 11th Invest in ME International ME Conference 2016
Mark Berry presents the first in a series of articles on the 11th Invest in ME International ME Conference in London ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Health anxiety!!

Discussion in 'General Symptoms' started by Fuzzyhead, Nov 29, 2016.

1. Fuzzyhead

Fuzzyhead Senior Member

Does anyone suffer with health anxiety?

2. worldbackwards

worldbackwards A unique snowflake

Earth
    Everyone more or less. :)

I think you might need to be a bit more specific.

3. Fuzzyhead

Fuzzyhead Senior Member

I mean everytime i get a new symptom since being ill i panic it's something sinister and make myself worse with worry and anxiety. I google and scare myself and it's never right.

4. Valentijn

Valentijn Senior Member

No, quite the opposite. I think I've had too much practice at ignoring everything. I should probably get that hard lump next to my spine looked into soon (moves around, feels like unattached bone). It'll make for a fun topic to introduce myself to a new GP :rolleyes:

Joh, sarah darwins, slysaint and 2 others like this.
  5. worldbackwards

worldbackwards A unique snowflake

Earth
    Likewise. No one else gives a shit clearly, so I figure I might as well leave it till I drop dead. There's an upside to everything. :)

Valentijn, Joh and sarah darwins like this.
  6. Horizon

Horizon Senior Member

I get health anxiety over certain things like when my chest pain or breathing gets really bad which is likely the fibro but I am like omg am i dying or having a heart attack etc? I definitely go into panic mode and am trying to figure out how to not have that happen but it is understandable given the pain.

See more popular forum discussions.