• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Healing symptoms when using B12/Folate actually B2 deficiency?

We moved to the methylB12 oil fairly quickly. It gave a much smoother ride. On the basis of our experience, I'd highly recommend it. Our experience also suggests that Greg from b12oils is right about needing B2, although we needed it as FMN (and only 1/4 of a tablet at a time - constant low dose is needed).

After starting FMN, our need for methylfolate plummeted and we can get enough from food on most days. Some days, though, something seems to be happening, and we might need a few methylfolate tablets to keep things smooth.

Anyway, have a great day. It's time for me to head off to work (I'm not the one with ME/CFS).

I don't have full blown ME/CFS myself, just my mental symptoms are pretty bad. Used to be way worse in 2014 in terms of physical symptoms though (I believe Mercury is the root cause of my misery).

Thing is about FMN, Greg told me not to bother with it since my thyroid (thyroid hormone output is low, hypothyroid) wasn't working well. He said the FMN would convert to riboflavin inside the body anyway.

I ordered some against his urging not to bother. My hypothyroid issue will be addressed hopefully in the coming months.

Long time lurker, first time post-er....

Hello, I've just had my 7th weekly B12 injection and although I haven't experienced any sudden energy burst there does seem to be less pain in general. But when I did take Tramadol for the first time after injections I got the floaty, slightly altered reality feeling, which I haven't ever had on codeine or tramadol before.
I wondered if this is because the B12 has helped serotonin/norepinephrine levels? Any one else had this happen or any thoughts as to why it happened?

garyfritz

@hippified, be VERY careful with Tramadol and similar opiates. My 85-yr-old mother has severe neuropathic back pain and had been using Tramadol irregularly for maybe a year or two. She was starting to show signs of dementia. I convinced her to cut out the Tramadol -- which was not fun for her, the withdrawal is fairly nasty -- but once she was off it, she said it was like a veil had been lifted off her brain. She's much sharper, more alert, more herself than when the Tramadol was shutting down her brain.

And to top it off, she says she's getting almost as good of pain relief from plain old aspirin!

Long time lurker, first time post-er....

Hello, I've just had my 7th weekly B12 injection and although I haven't experienced any sudden energy burst there does seem to be less pain in general. But when I did take Tramadol for the first time after injections I got the floaty, slightly altered reality feeling, which I haven't ever had on codeine or tramadol before.
I wondered if this is because the B12 has helped serotonin/norepinephrine levels? Any one else had this happen or any thoughts as to why it happened?

To save you the time, I will just say weekly injections in some cases are not enough, you may need daily injections.

I am not experimenting with B12 right now as I am working on chelation.

u&iraok

@Methhead81, flushing is a normal response to high levels of niacin. It may not be real pleasant but it doesn't really hurt anything, as long as you're not using huge amounts. You can often get "used" to niacin and the flushing can reduce over time.

And you get to experience a hot flash so you can empathize with women.

(Sorry, couldn't resist. Go ahead and roll your eyes at me. :D )