• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Healing Foods

MeSci

ME/CFS since 1995; activity level 6?
A very delicious way to take coconut oil is first to melt it in a warm place, then stir in organic cocoa powder (eg Green and Black's), possibly a teaspoon of D-ribose - allow to cool and go hard - and hey presto! - perfect chocolate! You may have to vary the ingredients according to taste; but what I like is 1/3 pot (150grams) coconut oil with 1/2 pot cocoa powder (60grams) and a teaspoon of D-ribose!

According to Erica Verrillo's e-book(1), "Dr. Cheney has observed that fully one-third of his patients cannot tolerate D-Ribose." I am definitely one of these. It made me feel as though my body was going insane! You can buy chocolate made with the safe low-GI sweetener xylitol. I like the plain one made by Plamil in the UK. No coconut oil in it though. Maybe people could use your recipe and substitute xylitol for d-ribose.

Last night I had a slice of gluten-free toast spread with coconut oil and topped with soya cheese. Absolutely delicious.

(1) Verrillo, Erica (2012-09-14). Chronic Fatigue Syndrome: A Treatment Guide, 2nd Edition (Kindle Locations 12956-12957). Erica Verrillo. Kindle Edition.