1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
Nitric oxide and its possible implication in ME/CFS (Part 2 of 2)
Andrew Gladman explores the current and historic hypotheses relating to nitric oxide problems in ME/CFS. This second article in a 2-Part series puts nitric oxide under the microscope and explores what it is, what it does and why it is so frequently discussed in the world of ME/CFS....
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Healing Foods

Discussion in 'General ME/CFS Discussion' started by golden, Mar 11, 2013.

1. MeSci

MeSci ME/CFS since 1995; activity level 6

Cornwall, UK

According to Erica Verrillo's e-book(1), "Dr. Cheney has observed that fully one-third of his patients cannot tolerate D-Ribose." I am definitely one of these. It made me feel as though my body was going insane! You can buy chocolate made with the safe low-GI sweetener xylitol. I like the plain one made by Plamil in the UK. No coconut oil in it though. Maybe people could use your recipe and substitute xylitol for d-ribose.

Last night I had a slice of gluten-free toast spread with coconut oil and topped with soya cheese. Absolutely delicious.

(1) Verrillo, Erica (2012-09-14). Chronic Fatigue Syndrome: A Treatment Guide, 2nd Edition (Kindle Locations 12956-12957). Erica Verrillo. Kindle Edition.

See more popular forum discussions.