• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

head gets hot with lack of sleep

knackers323

Even before I got sick, if I had a lack of sleep and was tired I would get a sensation where my head would get a hot feeling.

Anyone else familiar with this?

rosie26

I think everyone would experience this when they don't get a good nights sleep. I used to get it before I got sick as well. It's the death warmed up feeling. I get a lot of heat with this illness so it's all mixed up with it now.

Misfit Toy

I don't have that so much, but I have so many other symptoms. I feel mentally unstable without good sleep. I am more weepy. Managing stress is not easy during lack of sleep.

As far as actual physical symptoms around my face or head...my eyes look puffy and swollen and anymore, this is common for me.

Usually, less sleep means I will be cold. My temp is always off with lack of sleep.

Snookum96

I get this feeling in my head , feet and hands a lot. If I don't drink enough water or do pretty much anything it happens.

I wipe my face with a cool cloth and put my hands under cool running water.

When this happens it feels like my hands and feet are swollen too but they're not.

pogoman

I'm awake now since 6am waiting for my gut to calm down and let me go back to sleep.
I'll wake up with a sweaty head and upper body heat and after my digestive system does its thing my body will suddenly feel cooler and I can sleep.
It may be due to the the body's blood glucose/adrenaline interaction or my muscle myopathy or something else.
In the past I have found taking a regular tylenol and maybe a small meal helped.

knackers323

I think everyone would experience this when they don't get a good nights sleep. I used to get it before I got sick as well. It's the death warmed up feeling. I get a lot of heat with this illness so it's all mixed up with it now.

Hi @rosie26 any idea what is the cause/mechanism of this before you got CFS?