1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
Part 2: Brain Cells Making us Sick? Messed up microglia could be driving symptoms
Simon McGrath looks at theories that microglia, the brain's immune cells, might be overactive and driving the symptoms of ME/CFS and fibromyalgia.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Have you tried Savella for CFS?

Discussion in 'General Treatment' started by Questus, Mar 2, 2010.

1. Questus

Questus Senior Member

Today I had a new doctor recommend Savella to me for CFS. I've had CFS for 25 years and was a patient of Dr. Cheney's for 10 years but am currently without a good CFS doctor.

I tried to explain to this doc that CFS and FM are not the same disease, but my words fall on deaf ears.

My questions are these:

Do you have CFS, and have you tried Savella?

Did it help you?

Did you have weight gain? I mention this because I tried Cymbalta six years ago, and it helped, but I am small boned and the weight gain was just too much.

Thank You and Bright Blessings...
  2. spindrift

spindrift Plays With Voodoo Dollies

Welcome to the forums, Questus!

We have a thread here on Savella (or it's generic):

http://forums.aboutmecfs.org/showthread.php?3256-FM-sufferers-dont-miss-this-A-really-good-study

As far as fibro=CFS goes, I am diagnosed with fibromyalgia and I am certain that it is the same as CFS.
    I see fibro as CFS plus the pain. I know that people diagnosed with CFS have pain too, so I guess it
    is the tender point diagnostic where they draw the line. I qualify for every CFS criteria out there.

Dr. David Bell mentions in his video, that the fatigue in fibro is the same as CFS. Here is the link:

http://vimeo.com/9051294
  3. ggingues

ggingues $10 gift code at iHerb GAS343 of $40

Concord, NH
    My Dr's office had me try a trial dosage that they give away and I did not notice any improvement. I think some of my recent med changes have caused some weight gain, not sure, but want to mention to Drs. I am taking it easier on myself since I had a flare up in the fall!

See more popular forum discussions.