• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

HAVE YOU NO SENSE OF DECENCY? at CFS Central

Sushi

Moderation Resource Albuquerque
Mindy,

Thanks so much. You spoke for us really, really well!

From all of us who have lost the ability to articulate our situation effectively.

Sushi

liquid sky

Well spoken, Mindy. Thank you for laying it all out like you did. I loved that you maintained eye contact with her and got her to at least answer.

Thanks for speaking for those of us who are too sick to dream of attending their conference where they keep sweeping away.

jace

Off the fence
It's a crazy world, where Mindy relies on the tip jar, and Trine Tsouderos has a staffer's salary :headache:

Nielk

Thank Mindy for being our voice when we are too weak to have one.
Great job!

LaurelW

Mindy, you were hard-hitting but fair. I was really impressed at how well you named the elephant in the room.

Thanks Mindy for your superb testimony!! It was fantastic. I especially liked (and agreed with) your use of the famous quote ("have you no sense of decency....") from the Army-McCarthy hearings. It's very appropriate, considering the shameful history of CDC/NIH treatment of ME/CFS. And it's a question that needs to be repeated firmly and often, until we get the long-overdue funding and recognition and treatment that we all need.