1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
Dr. Kerr, I presume?
Clark Ellis brings us a rare interview with British researcher Dr. Jonathan Kerr who is now living in Colombia.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Have you had dehydration?

Discussion in 'Gastrointestinal and Urinary' started by SickOfSickness, Jan 25, 2012.

1. SickOfSickness

SickOfSickness Senior Member

US
    I believe this plays a role.

2. lnester7

lnester7 Seven

USA
    water is not enough

I have, and it does play a role, what nobody ever told me was that sometimes u need more than water. So I was dehydrated but I kept drinking water (until lips were not dry technique). The more water I drank, the worse it got.

Then I was told about the salt and potassium so I am doing salted pistachios as snack, and a 1/2 to 1 bottle of Pedialite a day ( until lips are not dry) I can tell the difference in my heart rate variability, it becomes more stable. Don't get as dizzy... General malaise is better.

3. hurtingallthetimet

hurtingallthetimet Senior Member

i get dehydrated feeling alot...ive not asked doctor really why ive brought it up and just been told drink more water..thats all i drink is water..i drink it to sometimes i throw up...i also eat ice, and popsicles to keep from getting dehydrated...i cant drink pedialite or gateraide or anything becuase of stomach i throw it up immediately...

but eating ice and popsicles seem to help..thats funny i never really thought that others would have same problem or it could be linked to the illness...i just thought like doctor said i needed to drink more water..though as i said i drink alot...

4. Sparrow

Sparrow Senior Member

Canada
    I absolutely have, and from the information I've gathered, I would very firmly say that it's a big issue for us. There is a lot of information out there to indicate that we have a lower volume of blood than the average healthy person, so we may be in legitimate need of more fluids to fill out what we do have. There is also some evidence to indicate that something may occasionally be off with our anti-diuretic hormone, so we would consequently lose more water from our body than others. Not sure if the two are connected, but both seem like likely connections to why we're so thirsty.

And yes, I am crazy thirsty all the time. Beverages with electrolytes and about three litres or more of water per day have helped me some. I do notice that I seem to feel worse if I don't drink enough a couple of days in a row. And anything that dries me out normally (like coffee) is enough to push me into a pretty major slump now.

5. ggingues

ggingues $10 gift code at iHerb GAS343 of $40

Concord, NH
    Yes, I also drink at least 3 liters of water per day. I should look into again an electrolyte replacement. It seems to have gotten better for me now that I have different work hours. When I used to wake earlier for work, I wuold always feel very dehydrated and still feel that way at work.

GG

6. Gavman

Gavman Senior Member

Sydney
    Me too. I have sea salt in the morning, which is helping my body hold fluids better. Its good not to take much if your kidney function is low. And magnesium oil spray as extra - saves on hair product too, giving dry hair a shinier look. Fish oil is good for hydrating too. I had a friend who said her symptoms disappeared as she introduced sea salt in, but i havent gotten back to her since.

7. jstefl

jstefl Senior Member

Brookfield, Wisconsin
    I also have had this problem, and find that Gatorade helps a great deal. I go through a 2 liter bottle in about 4 days.

I can't imagine life without it.

John

See more popular forum discussions.