1. Patients launch a $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
The Fable known as The PACE Trial
Graham, Janelle and Bob, have once again excelled themselves with their latest take on the 'poisoned apple' that was the PACE Trial...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Haukeland Rituximab follow-up study, 21 July 2013: "even higher rates of effect"

Discussion in 'Latest ME/CFS Research' started by Sasha, Jul 22, 2013.

1. Firestormm

Firestormm Senior Member

Cornwall England
    I agree. I am not happy at the thought that a drug like this might be 'thrown' at anyone and everyone with this diagnosis - especially this diagnosis - on a 'sink or swim' basis. I am sure it won't be but very little has yet to be forthcoming from the original authors about why they think those that responded did so. It is a critical nut to crack. If ME is to be established firmly as an autoimmune condition then it must be better explained. Hopefully, this is what will come out of the next publication. Hopefully it won't simply be a repeat of the first. Although a repeat would be nice but you see what I mean :)
  2. MeSci

MeSci ME/CFS since 1995; activity level 6

Cornwall, UK
    I've seen studies where they use the same people as both control and treatment groups, by first following their progress without treatment, and then with, and sometimes again without. Obviously with an illness with so much natural variability as ours, this would be relatively difficult, at least without using objective measurements to determine and match the stage of the illness with and without treatment.
  3. Kate_UK

Kate_UK Senior Member

Roy S and Bob like this.

See more popular forum discussions.