Review: 'Through the Shadowlands’ describes Julie Rehmeyer's ME/CFS Odyssey
I should note at the outset that this review is based on an audio version of the galleys and the epilogue from the finished work. Julie Rehmeyer sent me the final version as a PDF, but for some reason my text to voice software (Kurzweil) had issues with it. I understand that it is...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Has vitamin K-2 (mk-4 or mk7) helped you ?

Discussion in 'General Treatment' started by Hanna, Apr 10, 2012.

1. pattismith

pattismith Senior Member

About carotene/vitamine A...I have never heard of any vitamine A toxicity coming from carotene...
    Whereas I learnt a long time ago that active vitamine A (from liver for example) toxicity can occur at a certain level, so we can guess that carotene is a very poor contributor to our vitamine A levels!

Chocolove and Gondwanaland like this.
  2. Gondwanaland

Gondwanaland Senior Member

I read recently that the more carotenoids one eats, the less will be converted into vit A. You know when you are having too much of carotenoids when you get orange palms and soles :wide-eyed:

3. pamojja

pamojja Senior Member

Austria
    Though just today came across this entry on this strange list of unusual deaths at wikipedia:

Hard to believe.

Chocolove, cfs6691 and pattismith like this.
  4. Gondwanaland

This might be from aromatase inhibition, and not necessarily good. Be sure you are getting above optimal absorption of zinc, manganese and glycine, consider perhaps even adding glucosamine/chondroitin/collagen/gelatine whatever you tolerate and have enough nutrients to better absorb/metabolize. Manganese is needed more than usual for those who take high doses of B1.

Chocolove likes this.
  5. guitarman01

guitarman01

I started this in a new thread. Have you guys seen this? I tested positive for the acetylcholine ganglionic neuronal antibody. It was a fairly low titer though and not enough to warrant drug treatment.

Dynamic balancing of autonomic nervous system through vitamin mk-7
    https://www.google.com/patents/WO2012059942A3?cl=en&dq=inassignee:"Viridis+Biopharma+Pvt+Ltd."&hl=en&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiW1o3ZjeXXAhWwYd8KHWuNBpkQ6AEIKDAA

ABSTRACT

Sympathovagal balance is essential in maintaining internal homeostasis. Imbalance in this can lead to many disease conditions such as cardiovascular diseases, type 2 diabetes mellitus, high blood pressure, gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD), IBS, depression, COPD, etc. Sudden cardiac death and Myocardial infarction are result of autonomic dysfunction. Many drugs have been proposed for these conditions but lack in correcting the condition and can themselves produce side effects, such as prolongation of QT interval. Inventors of current invention observed serendipitously that vitamin MK-7 can restore the sympathovagal balance and also have cardio protective effect by shortening of QT interval and prolongation of RR interval. Further to this, it was also observed that vitamin MK-7 improves cardiac output, left ventricular work, HDL cholesterol and reduces blood sugar.

6. Gondwanaland

Coincidence or not, my mother started having horrendous BP spikes after starting a supplement of Vit D + Calcium + MK7

7. Chocolove

Chocolove Tournament of the Phoenix - Rise Again

Sources were clearly aimed at skewing things for derision... nothing credible about this. Further carotene converts very poorly to vitamin A. Did he only drink carrot juice for 10 days and eat nothing? Who knows... if there was any truth at all in this.
    ^ Man Dies Laughing at The Goodies, "Daily Mail", London (29 March 1975)Jump up ^ A Goodies Way to Go — Laughing, "Eastern Daily Press", Norwich (29 March 1975)

8. Gondwanaland

The more carotenes one eats, the less conversion into vit A

9. guitarman01

guitarman01

There's a chance that's how k2 might work. It applies pressure to the vascular muscles to strengthen them. This might push blood flow. Let's say you start to reverse a progressive process or start to remodel the cardiovascular system. I could envision bottlenecks being created and this might not be a silent process that goes unnoticed.
    http://vitamink2.org/k-d-supps-lower-blood-pressure-hypertension-risk-new-study/

Last edited: Dec 4, 2017
    Gondwanaland likes this.

See more popular forum discussions.