• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Has juicing made you feel worse?

gettinbetter

spontaneous remission without any form of treatment or specific dietary regime is not at all unusual.

For many of us, this illness follows a relapsing/remitting course. Over the past 40+ years I have experienced several spontaneous remissions. Living in the UK as I do, there are no viable treatment options available and I was doing nothing out of the ordinary that could possibly have contributed to a remission, no prescription medication, no supplements, no special diet . . . it just happened.

That is interesting
I am wondering if it could be your own immune system can you attribute your remissions to a move geographical move and change in a relationship status a support group?

Revel

I am wondering if it could be your own immune system can you attribute your remissions to a move geographical move and change in a relationship status a support group

@gettingbetter, none of the above. My first spontaneous remission was between the ages of 10-14, it was a slow and steady return to almost normal functioning from being bedridden to back at school full time. This was followed by a severe relapse, back to bed until my early 20s, when I achieved my best spontaneous remission to date from about age 23 to age 28, ("best" in terms of feeling extremely well and fully functioning).

Since then, it has been a downward progression of remission/relapse over several decades with my baseline ever declining to the point where I have not achieved a remission state in some time, nor do I expect to now - something has changed, maybe my body is just too worn out to manage it these days?

As far as juicing goes, it did nothing for me other than cause me to lose weight, because I couldn't maintain a sufficient calorie intake - juicing tended to cause me to lose my already poor appetite for solid food and so I was eating less.

gettinbetter

Since then, it has been a downward progression of remission/relapse over several decades with my baseline ever declining to the point where I have not achieved a remission state in some time, nor do I expect to now - something has changed, maybe my body is just too worn out to manage it these days?
Sorry to hear that
Did you get a formal diagnosis of CFS?

Richard7

I have tried it from time to time. Well come to think of it it was smoothies made in a high speed blender (nutri ninja) not juice.

From memory I found that it was kind of amazing, much like taking sublingal b12 or something of the sort: lots of weird sensations in skin and head.

The drama made me keep with it for a few weeks on the assumption that the side effects were something good. Better absorbtion of nutrients or something. But they seemed a bit hard to digest actually (too much liquid perhaps) and I did not really like them all that much.

I would have stuck with them if they had lead to an improvement but it was all side effect no main effect.

Mine were something like: lots of leafy greens (parsley was a favourite) with fat (avocado or coconut or pumpkin seeds or something of the sort) and often fruit (frozen banana or plums or peaches) and green tea. Sometimes I added spirulina or something of the sort.