• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Has Immunovir helped you?

I've read a similar post from 2012, but wondering if anyone has something to add. I've had M.E. since 2008 and it's been a lot worse since 2013. This is the first prescription drug I'm thinking of trying for it (not including what I'm taking for my orthostatic intolerance) and I'm a bit nervous.

It's hard to get an RX for in Canada: my doc has studied with Dr. Klimas and is suggesting her pulsing protocol.

My M.E. started in 2008 with a virus. My daily symptoms are fatigue, light-headedness, brain fog, some joint pain. When I crash I get flu-like symptoms: feeling feverish (without a temp), malaise, sore throat.

If I get bad reactions initially, should I quit right away? Or is that part of the process (a "die-off"?)

Other posts mention NK function levels: we can't get that tested here in Canada, so I don't know what mine is.

Thanks!

RUkiddingME

Hi there I started pulsing Imunovir last April. It's really hard to tell if I am doing better on it but it definitely didn't make me worse. I started at a lower dose then built up to the 6 tabs a day week one and three and 2 tabs a day week 2 and four. Weekends off and every third month off. I haven't had my NK cells tested since being on it. I used to be extremely low. I am also in Canada and my ME/CFS prescribed the Imunovir for me. I joined an online program which thought me strict pacing and restorative movement and that has made a bid difference for me. Good luck

Last edited:

MartinK

Im on Immunovir (Isoprinosine in Czech Republic) now...with Valtrex.
Because, it looks like I have a EBV reactivation...

In Czech, there is no problem with Isoprinosine.
I have 1g 3x day...

Someone experiences with this dose?

yet no response - Im on this treatment 4 weeks.
Its really important drink a lot water with this medicine - it elevates uric acid and is difficult for the liver.

My NK cells results are + - 60 last 1 year...

@Singout - I have same symptoms as you! ....PM!

@RUkiddingME - pulsing? Do you have any information why it's important to pulse or not?

Im interesting about some progress on other users here on Immunovir (Isoprinosine) too! ;-)

Martin

RUkiddingME

The last time I had my NK cells tested I was at a 6! I would love to know where I am at now

I inserted a screen shot of info I found about pulsing

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    271.3 KB · Views: 25
Hi there I started pulsing Imunovir last April. It's really hard to tell if I am doing better on it but it definitely didn't make me worse. I started at a lower dose then built up to the 6 tabs a day week one and three and 2 tabs a day week 2 and four. Weekends off and every third month off. I haven't had my NK cells tested since being on it. I used to be extremely low. I am also in Canada and my ME/CFS prescribed the Imunovir for me. I joined an online program which thought me strict pacing and restorative movement and that has made a bid difference for me. Good luck
Thanks! It's good to know it didn't make you worse. Where in Canada are you? I was told we couldn't get our NK function tests done in Canada.

Hip

Some ME/CFS doctors like KDM say that the cheap supplement inosine is just as effective as Imunovir (it's spelt with one "m"). Imunovir contains inosine. 1

Oxymatrine is another good immunomodulator to try if you have enterovirus infections. Immunomodulators can make you feel worse before you get better, and feeling worse is often a sign they are working.

Some info on the various immunomodulators used in ME/CFS is given in this post.

MartinK

thanks a lot with info of recommends staggering dosages of Immunovir!
my insurance paying him, thats great!

many of my problems point to the fact, I need help Th1
(viruses reactivations, inflammation, lot of allergy)
...and Immunovir will help with Th2 to Th1.

I have some relapses last weeks - maybe it's just after use Isoprinosine and Valtrex...

@Hip thanks a lot with great post with immunomodulators!
you're making a good improvement with Nexavir - next month I go to KDM (now waiting for results) - I wonder if he will prescribe it to me...

Hip

you're making a good improvement with Nexavir - next month I go to KDM (now waiting for results) - I wonder if he will prescribe it to me...

I think in fact the substantial improvement I experienced was not due to Nexavir, but due to the high dose selenium protocol I started at that time, which I am still taking.

LaurelW

I've been on Imunovir for the last year, on a biweekly schedule. The first week I take one tablet 3X a day Monday-Friday. The second week is 2 tablets 3X a day M-F. Weekends are always off. I haven't heard about this every third month off schedule--will have to ask my doctor about it.
I have continued to improve on the Imunovir after being on Ampligen for 6 years which stopped right before I started the Imunovir. I think the Ampligen got me up to a certain level and then the Imunovir was able to take it from there.
I had a really bad crash during 2009-2011 and I tried Imunovir during that time, but I had to go off of it after three weeks because it made me so much sicker, and I was already bed-bound.
I had an ultrasound recently for gastritis and they found a very small kidney stone which I didn't have before, and my uric acid level is slightly elevated (my doctor has me get it tested every three months). I'm wondering if drinking more water would help this situation.