Review: 'Through the Shadowlands’ describes Julie Rehmeyer's ME/CFS Odyssey
I should note at the outset that this review is based on an audio version of the galleys and the epilogue from the finished work. Julie Rehmeyer sent me the final version as a PDF, but for some reason my text to voice software (Kurzweil) had issues with it. I understand that it is...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Has Dr. Ron Davis tested Suramin in his expirements?

Discussion in 'General ME/CFS Discussion' started by junkcrap50, Jun 10, 2017.

1. junkcrap50

junkcrap50 Senior Member

Does anyone have any information about Dr. Ron Davis testing Suramin in his experiments? Using his CFS culture on a chip technology?

I know this is hersay and rumor, but I came across an interesting comment on an article on Cort's healthrising.org. See comment #4, made by sebastien from france on June 7, 2017 at 1:42 pm here: https://www.healthrising.org/blog/2...ome-davis-watson-seahorse-nanoneedle/#respond

He states that he heard from someone who attended Dr. Davis's presentation at liME12 conference in London that Dr. Davis has "tried suramin in [cfs] blood on his small test-puce [sic]…Healthy cells in the [cfs] blood continued to function normally with suramin…"

Just want to get this out there and see if anyone knows more about it. I realize it would be very preliminary, but it seems strong enough that Dr. Davis supposedly shared it publicly. This would be great news and provide great hope to us.

Thanks for any information any one has.

AdamS, paolo and flitza like this.
  2. Sushi

Sushi Moderator and Senior Member Albuquerque

Albuquerque
    But, there is always a but, supply of suramin, even for testing is a big issue.

junkcrap50 and flitza like this.
  3. flitza

flitza Senior Member

What a great question!

junkcrap50 likes this.
  4. junkcrap50

junkcrap50 Senior Member

Thanks! I tried to find a thread for the IiME conference but couldn't.

5. BurnA

BurnA Senior Member

junkcrap50 likes this.
  6. Sushi

Sushi Moderator and Senior Member Albuquerque

Albuquerque
    When something is quoted, there is a little up arrow after xxx said. Click on that and it will take you to the original post--in this case the post in the thread about the conference.

BurnA likes this.
  7. junkcrap50

junkcrap50 Senior Member

No, I know. I did do that. Thanks. That's how I found the thread. I couldn't find it before, by searching, until you posted.

Sushi likes this.

See more popular forum discussions.