• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Has anyone used Inositol IP6 - Increases NK cells and may other helpful attributes

South

IP6 is also called phytic acid, and is easier and cheaper to get than buying bottles of it - it is found in high amounts in whole grains, nuts, and legumes.
And to muddy this up even more, some "experts" say its actually bad for your health, not good.

Contrary to being as "safe as water" as one of the above sources claims:
"If taken with food, IP6 will bind important, healthy minerals like magnesium and zinc".
http://www.mdjunction.com/forums/ci...-binds-iron-and-lowers-inflammatory-cytokines
(the quote about the magnesium and zinc is down lower on that page)

For every article that touts IP6 as wonderful, there is another article claiming it is risky to eat foods that contain it because it prevents absorption of minerals, and even articles describing elaborate food preparation methods to get rid of the phytic acid in whole grains and legumes.

Honestly, do the "experts" ever talk to each other? I doubt it.

There's a list on this doctor's page here on which foods have a lot of phytic acid, about halfway down the page:
http://chriskresser.com/another-reason-you-shouldnt-go-nuts-on-nuts/

Seven7

Seven
I know a user who is in remission use it with good results 2mellster. I never tried it because heard of after I found out I am allergic to mushrooms.

Little Bluestem

All Good Things Must Come to an End
For every article that touts IP6 as wonderful, there is another article claiming it is risky to eat foods that contain it because it prevents absorption of minerals, and even articles describing elaborate food preparation methods to get rid of the phytic acid in whole grains and legumes.
The supplemental form is taken between meals, which might reduce the problem with minerals.

Interesting, I was recommended this for insomnia and have regularly taken it (with lots of other stuff) before bed. I think it helped at the beginning but now I am not so sure. All these things loose their effectiveness if taken regularly.