1. Patients launch a $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
Institute of Medicine (IOM) Review of ME/CFS Clinical Definition: First Open Meeting
Gabby Klein provides a useful summary of what was a very important, and quite extensive, IOM open meeting. US Government representatives, patient organizations, advocates and individual patients all made formal presentations...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Has anyone USED AMPHOTERICIN B pure powder in capsules?

Discussion in 'The Gut: De Meirleir & Maes; H2S; Leaky Gut' started by keenly, Jul 1, 2010.

1. keenly

keenly Senior Member

Its the only other gut only antifungal after Nystatin.

I have tried the solution(liquid) but it was full of sugars. I had no bad recations and its one of the safest medications on the planet.

I am in the uk and i beieve in Franc eyou can get the pure pwder in capsules?

any thoughts?
  2. Karin

Karin

Yes I used Ampho B in capsules on my kids, got from a compounding pharmacy on prescription. I did not see much from it, it was not very effective for them, but of course it is worth a try. The only problem for us was that since they cannot swallow capsules I had to open them and mix the powder content with some liquid, and that stained their teeth really bad orange. But of course this is just minor and not a problem if you swallow the capsules, I would think.
  3. keenly

keenly Senior Member

what pharmacy?

See more popular forum discussions.