• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Has anyone tried the Aloe Vera Juice Drinks from Holland & Barrett?

Has anyone tried the Aloe Vera Juice Drinks from Holland & Barrett for: bloating, painful guts, IBS type issues where your body is storing up several days of "waste product" at a time and then it comes out like water - sorry if you are at work eating your sandwiches. ;)

The reason I ask this is because, when you look at the nutritional content of Aloe Vera: Zinc, B3, B12, Folic Acid, Magnesium among others (a large number of complex chemicals) , it would seem like the dream product for someone like me who's just discovered a deficiency in B12 and then ended up with gut problems. Apparently Aloe Vera drives water from the gut.
The Aloe Vera juice drink I have just purchased wasn't from Holland and Barrett in the end but a double strength drink which you take 15ml a day. It wasn't until I got home and read the label it says that the "Laxative component has been removed". I'm a bit stumped by this because it makes the product sound not at all natural but processed. And is the laxative effect the same one that "drives water from the gut" or does Aloe in fact have a number of components that do different things to the gut.

ukxmrv

I've tried about 5 or 6 different aloe vera juices and could tolerate only 1. The rest burn me and cause a stomach upset. The one I can tolerate does have a laxative effect on me. It's

http://lifestream.co.nz/products/aloe-vera

No idea if it will work for other people though. I used to buy it from the Nutricentre

( I have no association with the company)

Did you try mixing with water first before drinking? I'm really hopefull about mine, guess I'm in the initial "Placebo" zone. ;)

I liked it, the taste of it and the idea. I woke up in the night with a cold sweat running down my spine from the base of my skull. It's never happened before. And while I admit I have an over active imagination, all I could think of was the guys on here saying about B12 spinal fluid being repaired. It would be nice if I had some real proof of that but no, could be anything.