The Real ME: A Stock Photography Resource for the Media
We’ve all seen them in the news stories about ME/CFS: the guy in a suit at the office, yawning; the beautiful woman sitting at her desk with her immaculate make-up and elegantly coiffed hair, hand to her head and looking slightly pained.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Has anyone tried Deplin?

Discussion in 'Detox: Methylation; B12; Glutathione; Chelation' started by anniekim, Jun 29, 2012.

1. anniekim

anniekim Senior Member

U.K
    Dr D-J in Hawai seems to be having success with some patients trying deplin. Has anyone tried it? And if so, any benefits or negatives? Many thanks

2. arx

arx Senior Member

Isn't Deplin the same as Metafolin (L-Methylfolate) ?

3. anniekim

anniekim Senior Member

U.K
    Yes, but in much higher doses. Although Dr D J has said that in clinical practise she does feel there is a difference. I should note that I've tried a low dose 200mcg of methylmate and can only tolerate it every other day or even every three days. I think i read somewhere that even if only tolerate small amounts for some reason which I don't understand i might nonetheless tolerate a much higher dose in the form of deplin. Can anyone explain why this would be? Many thanks

4. arx

arx Senior Member

From what I have gathered,people on this forum usually take 800mcg of metafolin in a day.

Freddd has said that the side effects on Deplin research state "Deplin is generally well tolerated with no side effects different from placebo". (Refer to http://forums.phoenixrising.me/index.php?threads/active-b12-protocol-basics.10138/)
    I started getting headaches after taking one Deplin(7.5mg) everydy for a month,so I broke the tablet into around 8 parts and now I take 1/8th of 7.5mg everyday, which is around 800 mcg only. I no longer get those headaches.

I'm sorry but I have no idea about methylmate.What is it?

5. anniekim

anniekim Senior Member

U.K
    Thanks arx. Methylmate B is another name for metafolin, it's the same.

6. arx

arx Senior Member

Oh ok. You're welcome. :)

See more popular forum discussions.