• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Has anyone tried a high temp sauna to induce a fever?

kelly8

I am just curious as to if anyone has used these saunas to induce fever and if it has helped...

I think my immune system is really messed up. Before the illness that caused my ME/CFS (in 2008) i was sick a lot. Like 4-6 times a year with chronic sinus infections. This lasted from around the age of 6 to my late 20s. (I'm 37 now). The Drs used to treat me with antibiotics like it was candy.

I have spent the last year and a half rebuilding my gut flora and really focusing on specific flora for helping promote a good balance. Now I'm going to get tested for chronic viral infections to see if this is an issue for me.

One major problem is that i run cold. I never get a fever and if i do its only a degree or two above normal. I'm not sure why this is. But I'm wondering if this is why i kept getting sick and not really recovering. I'm thinking about trying a heat sauna to induce fever as a therapy but I'd like to hear if anyone else has tried it and what their experience was.

Does anyone know if viruses or bacteria could prevent you from getting a fever as a defense mechanism? Does that happen? Just curious... thank you!

I have heat intolerance and can't tolerate normal sauna anymore because i have severe adrenal fatique.
But 3 years ago i bought 4 cheap phillips infra red lamps that are used to heat chickens etc. Google on James l wilson sauna plan.
This really creates a fever. I had a cold virus for 7 months that wouldn't resolve.
Going under the lamps and sweating a little bit at home helped me to get rid off the headache from all the cytoxines.
Also when i have the chills it warmes me up.
For me it works without the risk of getting a coldvirus from other people in a regular sauna.
But you have to have a little bit more patients then a normal sauna.
It feels allmost the same as a sunbed. So you can try that first before buying all kind of stuff :)

She says not to shine on you're head but that doesn't matter.

Last edited: