• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

has anyone pulled data together on which herpes viruses people have and what treatm..

snowathlete

...ents they have taken and which worked and which didnt?

There is alot of data in these forums but we dont seem to be making the most of it...?

Im happy to take this on, but will need support to make sure i ask the right questions...

heapsreal

iherb 10% discount code OPA989,
valtrex for ebv, hsv1 and 2
valcyte for hhv6, cmv and ebv
famvir shingles/chickenpox, hsv1 and 2. But a few on this board have used it successfully with ebv, cmv and hhv6. It was mentioned that famvir is only indicated for shingles, hsv1 and 2 as it was easier and quicker to get it to market, but the makers know its effective for alot more but it would be to hard to get it approved for other viruses.

Also if people are worried about toxic effects of valcyte or have liver issues, then famvir is recommended above valcyte. Generally valcyte us said to be stronger then famvir against cmv, hhv6

acyclovir is similar to valtrex but valtrex gets higher blood levels of the drug then acyclovir can.

dosages seem to vary alot, many have used alot lower doses then dr lerner prescribes and had good success with it and its also a long term treatment, maybe a few years, takes a few months to see results and feel some improvement. Best to do a 6 month trial to judge.

cheers!!!

snowathlete

valtrex for ebv, hsv1 and 2
valcyte for hhv6, cmv and ebv
famvir shingles/chickenpox, hsv1 and 2. But a few on this board have used it successfully with ebv, cmv and hhv6. It was mentioned that famvir is only indicated for shingles, hsv1 and 2 as it was easier and quicker to get it to market, but the makers know its effective for alot more but it would be to hard to get it approved for other viruses.

Thanks for your reply Hepesreal. But are you saying these are what you have taken for these infections, or that these are the most common reccomended treatments for these infections?

Im interested in both, but mainly the former, i.e. what infections people have had and what drugs they have taken, and ultimately the result.

heapsreal

iherb 10% discount code OPA989,
Thanks for your reply Hepesreal. But are you saying these are what you have taken for these infections, or that these are the most common reccomended treatments for these infections?

Im interested in both, but mainly the former, i.e. what infections people have had and what drugs they have taken, and ultimately the result.
Whats generally used in cfs.

I didnt get anything from valtrex but famvir is what has helped me, i have ebv/cmv. lowered my high lymphocyte subsets and improved symptoms.

cheers!!