1. Patients launch a $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
Part 2: Brain Cells Making us Sick? Messed up microglia could be driving symptoms
Simon McGrath looks at theories that microglia, the brain's immune cells, might be overactive and driving the symptoms of ME/CFS and fibromyalgia.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Has anyone had PET scans, MRI scans or lumbar punctures done for neurological effects

Discussion in 'General Treatment' started by Ivana, Mar 1, 2012.

1. Ivana

Ivana Senior Member

Hi guys

Just wondering if anyone has had any MRIs, PETs, lumbar punctures etc done to determine the extent of the neurological damage? I have heaps of neurological symptoms (caused by neurotoxicity) but I have trouble finding a neurologist who is sympathetic to M.E patients. Has anyone had anything checked?

I had an MRI when the symptoms started to get severe, but I wonder what a repeat one would look like now? The docs would just think Im crazy for asking to get it done, but Im seriously considering it. Ive heard PET scans are the most accurate for M.E patients and show the areas of the brain most affected. Any suggestions/experiences?

Best wishes to you all,
    Ivana

See more popular forum discussions.