• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Has anyone had experience with the CFS Discovery Clinic in Donvale, Melbourne, Aust.

Kenny Banya

I reckon you would notice the beta blocker fairly easily if it was helping :) anxiety,balance and rapid energy sapping problems decrease drastically vs no meds but I suppose there are people for who its a more subtle difference
I think the beta blockers make me even more tired

Murph

:)
Just checked - tiredness is a common side effect

fwiw I get some benefit from bb at even a very low dose. I've gone as low as 5mg a day. [i got put on 10mg morning and same at night when I was first diagnosed.]

The ability to lift your heart rate helps you respond to things. If a high dose is suppressing your hr too much, try dialing it down. It may be the bb works by reducing auto-antibody activity, which may be why even a small dose can be helpful.

Somethign to consider, at least.

Kenny Banya

fwiw I get some benefit from bb at even a very low dose. I've gone as low as 5mg a day. [i got put on 10mg morning and same at night when I was first diagnosed.]

The ability to lift your heart rate helps you respond to things. If a high dose is suppressing your hr too much, try dialing it down. It may be the bb works by reducing auto-antibody activity, which may be why even a small dose can be helpful.

Somethign to consider, at least.
Yeah, I'll revisit it after I finish methotrexate in a few weeks time

Kenny Banya

Thanks for your reply above. Also is the methotrexate related to your CFS treatment?
I 'overemphasised' my hand & wrist joint soreness to the rheumatologist, so I could test MTX for CFS.
Doesn't look like it has worked & the MRIs of both hands show no indication of rheumatoid arthritis (or osteoarthritis for that matter). I have to conclude that the soreness is ME/CFS/FM symptomatic.
I will give MTX three more weeks to be sure.

EtherSpin

I 'overemphasised' my hand & wrist joint soreness to the rheumatologist, so I could test MTX for CFS.
Doesn't look like it has worked & the MRIs of both hands show no indication of rheumatoid arthritis (or osteoarthritis for that matter). I have to conclude that the soreness is ME/CFS/FM symptomatic.
I will give MTX three more weeks to be sure.
just saw your other thread, I'm really hoping you have luck with ascertaining some certainty about the MTX over the next few weeks and can decide what to do without any doubts!