• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Has anyone had a Spect scan done?

If so, what were the results?

My cognitive symptoms are pretty bad, much worse than the accompanying fatigue. I'm trying to get physical proof that I'm actually suffering from these issues, so I'm considering spect.

But I'm also worried that it will come back "normal" and I'll be worse off than before.

hixxy

I've had a SPECT done. The GP who sent me for it said the SPECT showed quite significant problems, but I don't really know the specifics and it wasn't really his area specialty. A neurologist barely even looked at it and dismissed it as a useless test.

I'd love to get someone to interpret it who sees a lot of them from ME and/or MCS patients.

taniaaust1

My SPECT as far as I know came up normal though the study results when compared to a matched control group did show up issues (I had my SPECT scans done as part of ME/CFS research). My EEGs (brain wave scan) though most of those (two out of three times) come up abnormal with the typical ME/CFS finding.