Invisible Illness Awareness Week 2016: Our Voices Need to Be Heard
Never heard of Invisible Illness Awareness Week? You're not alone. Jody Smith sheds a little light to make it more visible
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Has anyone had a Spect scan done?

Discussion in 'General ME/CFS Discussion' started by andrie, Nov 1, 2016.

1. andrie

andrie

If so, what were the results?

My cognitive symptoms are pretty bad, much worse than the accompanying fatigue. I'm trying to get physical proof that I'm actually suffering from these issues, so I'm considering spect.

But I'm also worried that it will come back "normal" and I'll be worse off than before.

2. hixxy

hixxy Senior Member

Australia
    I've had a SPECT done. The GP who sent me for it said the SPECT showed quite significant problems, but I don't really know the specifics and it wasn't really his area specialty. A neurologist barely even looked at it and dismissed it as a useless test.

I'd love to get someone to interpret it who sees a lot of them from ME and/or MCS patients.

Izola likes this.
  3. taniaaust1

taniaaust1 Senior Member

Sth Australia
    My SPECT as far as I know came up normal though the study results when compared to a matched control group did show up issues (I had my SPECT scans done as part of ME/CFS research). My EEGs (brain wave scan) though most of those (two out of three times) come up abnormal with the typical ME/CFS finding.

See more popular forum discussions.