• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Has anyone gotten better/recovered from Vaccine-Onset CFS?

Hi everyone,

I recently had the Hep B vaccine in December 8th, 2017. I developed slight but odd skin issues 2 days later and severe muscle weakness 6 days later. I've had CFS related symptoms since, however, it's only been 2 months.

I'm seeing a lot of CFS discussions regarding EBV, CMV, HHV-6, enterovirus, but not much on vaccine mediated CFS :(.

Please, if any has had vaccine-related CFS, have you improved or even fully recovered (remission)? Have the traditional supplements for other types of CFS helped you (D-ribose, L-carnitine, magnesium, LDN, etc.)?

Thank you.

A link to my story has been posted below.

http://forums.phoenixrising.me/index.php?threads/post-vaccine-onset-help-please.57516/

femtosecond99

Yes, lots of people have gotten better and some recovered. I don't think recovery is different whether CFS is triggered by a vaccine or something else. In your case I suspect it was mostly your workplace stress (including anxiety over getting pricked). It's hard to know whether or not the vaccine had any effect, but it might have been the combination.

In your case I'd strongly suggest taking some long-term leave from your stressful job. If you do that you're much more likely to recover, and you might be able to go back to work. If you try to push through, it will likely just get worse. There's nothing to be ashamed of, and is incredibly common in the healthcare field. About a quarter of doctors and nurses are highly exhausted due to stress, and you being a resident are at the worst possible stage.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5439116/