• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

has anyone experienced kidney myalgia with m.e cfs or cfids

Mary

Moderator Resource
@bohemian - I'm sure you know kidney pain can be caused by a kidney infection and kidney stones so those should be ruled out.

Having said that, I've had pain in my right kidney for over 30 years. I had an ivp done way back when, it showed nothing wrong, and that was all the doctor did.

In the intervening years I switched to filtered water and quit smoking, both of which helped the pain (but it didn't go away completely). For the last several years I've been taking cranberry softgels daily and they seem to have stopped the frequent UTI's I was getting.

When I was pregnant with twins in my early 20's I had a severe kidney infection, and I've often wondered if it caused some sort of damage to my kidney.

Anyways, this may not answer your question at all, but maybe it will help you a little - I'm guessing my kidney pain (which is now so slight I have to concentrate to feel it) is probably not related to CFS/ME - it started years before I developed CFS/ME.

Deltrus

I've been experiencing pain around my kidney for a while, doctor couldn't find anything so I'm assuming it is nerve pain or a muscle knot in the psoas muscles (which extend from the inner thigh, through the hip bone, and to the spine around where the kidneys are). So yeah don't assume that pain is from the kidneys, maybe do some psoas stretches.