• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Has anyone ever taken Nuvigil?

Has anyone ever taken Nuvigil?

I'm 16 months into a depression, having tried all the latest and greatest medicines to no avail.

One day my doctor handed me a sample of Nuvigil (200mg). I didn't think much of it, just something else that won't work.

He said it may act quickly (a stimulus). I went home and lay down and in 20 minutes, I couldn't believe it! I wasn't 95% my old self...I was 100%!

I just couldn't believe it. I ran around town talking to people, went back over and hugged the doctor. But then gradually, about 3 hrs. later I began to feel it slowly wear off...until it was completely gone, and back in the dumps.

The amazing thing, never has it made me feel that way again (100%), and when I take it I only feel like it gives me 20-30% help. So if you're thinking about trying it out yourself, hope your doctor has some free samples. It's $600!

P.S: I don't know how this whole thing works...can someone explain what a thread etc. is.

Last edited by a moderator:

minkeygirl

But I Look So Good.
@jhowl305 You might want to go back and edit your title so people know what you are talking about. Also, this is probably not in the best forum. Try General ME symptoms. This is IOM Contract Forum. I'll take @Sushi to move this for you.

There are tons of threads here about amphetamines, modalert and modafinil. Just go up to the search bar at the top right under your name and type in any of the three things I just mentioned.

Here's one to get you started.

http://forums.phoenixrising.me/inde...th-orthostatic-intolerance.32109/#post-498410

Sherpa

Ex-workaholic adrenaline junkie
I took Provigil (very similar to Nuvigil) for 7 years and I consider it a primary aggravating factor in developing CFS/SEID. It allowed me to keep going 110% and never feel fatigue or have a crash, until eventually all my mitochondria were damaged from over-exertion. I do not recommend anyone take this drug, any more than once in a blue moon.

panckage

@jhowl305 haha that stimulant feeling is awesome, isn't it? Too feel normal after so long :D

For me I found Nuvigil gave my body energy but made me extremely paranoid. I've find ritalin is a much better stim. Its inconsistent though. Sometimes it makes me feel almost normal but other times it barely helps. I agree with @Sherpa how it probably leads to crashing. When crashed it doesn't really help either

Curious.... can you update us on your nuvigil experiences?