Invest in ME Conference 12: First Class in Every Way
OverTheHills wraps up our series of articles on this year's 12th Invest in ME International Conference (IIMEC12) in London with some reflections on her experience as a patient attending the conference for the first time.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Has anyone done an oxidative stress test?

Discussion in 'Detox: Methylation; B12; Glutathione; Chelation' started by drob31, Mar 10, 2015.

1. drob31

drob31 Senior Member

2. aquariusgirl

aquariusgirl Senior Member

sounds good.. but what then?.. oxidative stress is one of the most common findings in this illness.. could be caused by heavy metals, toxins, viruses........

helen1, Mij and PeterPositive like this.
  3. PeterPositive

PeterPositive Senior Member

I thought the same... I'd be very surprised if I didn't have lots of it :D
    High homocysteine, low GSH and high KPL/HPL are already sign of oxidative stress. :(

@drob31
    The levels of glutathione could tell you more about your methylation status, although a dedicated panel might be more appropriate.

4. drob31

drob31 Senior Member

My homocysteine was 10 (ref: 0-15)
    Kryptopyrolles were elevated 14 (ref: 0-9)

I know methylation is supposed to boost GSH status, but how do you feel about s-acetyl glutathione, or NAC?

5. PeterPositive

PeterPositive Senior Member

I do take oral GSH, 1500mg/day. It helps with overall inflammation, especially in the gut for me.

I've tried the S-Acetyl form, but it wasn't as effective. Maybe because the daily recommended dosage is 300mg. I pushed it up to 900mg and still didn't get the same result of plain GSH. (My doc was also very keen on SAC)

I don't tolerate NAC very well :( 200-250mg already upset my bowel.

See more popular forum discussions.