• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Has anyone done a Oligoscan?

I would like to do a test for minerals/heavy metals and i found one that's about 60% of the price of a mineral-hair-test, it's a ''Oligoscan''.

''The OligoScan technology allows you to make a quick and precise analysis of the trace elements and heavy metals in the tissues of your patients.

The measurement is made directly in your office with a portable spectrophotometer device approved by OligoScan. The collected data from your patient is sent to the secure central Oligoscan server within a few clicks. And within 20 seconds, you get the results back.''

Has anyone here tried this? Or does anyone know if this is less/more accurate than a hair-test?

I found this article that's pretty skeptical.

Can't find anything on the forum about it either.

pibee

Norwegian land..., a promised land for ME people.
Rituximab, prob 2nd most valuable liquid in the Norway after gas, is practically flowing freely in the North Sea waters, you just need to grab a straw and drink some, ..and you even care about the heavy metals?! Silly.. .. :D

Oligoscan: i was very sceptical when i heard of it the first time, but actually heard it is good measure... not much info on it...

Last edited:
I said to the therapist I've been seeing that I would liked to be tested for Heavy metals and minerals. He's uses an Oligoscan. Does anyone know much about these.......
I think I would rather have the hair test done, if only so I can take the results to another person if I'm not happy with his suggestions.
Any thoughts........