• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

has anyone detoxed metals/toxins that they know of?

sela

if you have, did you have symptoms while it was happening? i am asking because i am having an alarming symptom that is so gross i hesitate to mention it. i suddenly have an elimination that was totally unexpected, to say the least. it is not like diarrhea because it stops, and no cramps.
i post it here in detox because i have been taking chorella and cilantro. i have heard people mention getting a metal dumping but i have wondered how they know it.
any suggestions would be most welcome.

caledonia

My detox symptoms when chelating metals were mainly extra achy and tired. If it got too uncomfortable, I cut back the amount. You can also skip days, taking it twice or three times a week or whatever.

When I started on Rich Vank's protcol with Folapro only, I did experience some interesting looking bowel movements like you describe. And a real interesting dark green color too - lol.

Anyway I would say what you're experiencing is not out of the range of detox symptoms. If you're taking metal chelators, and getting symptoms, then you're dumping metals.

If it's too much, cut back. You can get exmpty gel caps from the health food store and crush pills, then divide in half, then half again, and again, etc. until you get to 1/256.

sela

caledonia,
thank so much for the feedback. it worries me because i know bowel symptoms can be a sign of disease. ( i mean like cancer or something). and i have never in my life experienced this. i am bit tired and fluey but didn't make anything of it.
frankly i expected nothing from cilantro , perhaps i underestimated it's power. i tend to be sceptical of herbs' effectiveness.

what did you take to get metals out? and did you test?

s

Mary

Moderator Resource
sela - chlorella can be a very powerful detoxifier. When I first took it, I felt like I had been hit by a truck, and had to cut back to one pill a day (recommended dose was 16 or so!) Molybdenum helped some with the detox - I took about 3 times the recommended daily amount of the molybdenum.

I've read a lot about cilantro, and love it in Mexican food, but have never taken it in quantities sufficient for for detoxing, but it is supposed to be very effective too.

So I can imagine the combination of chlorella and cilantro could easily cause the symptoms you described. As Caldonia said, if it's too much, just cut back.

Mary

caledonia

I was working with my naturopath on this. I tested before and after, and took a pill called Chelex, which has a combination of chelators in it. Without looking at the bottle, DMPS, cilantro and chlorella and some other stuff.

Also you should increase your minerals while chelating, because the chelators will also pull out minerals.

For testing, I did the Doctor's Data Metals and Minerals urine test.