• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Has anybody tried NAD+ for energy ?

dreamydays

By far the best way to increase NAD+ is Nicotinamide Riboside (Niagen), it is under patent so expensive. The optimal dose is about 300-400mg. I find it quite energising and so I can definitely recommend it. It kicks in within the first day so you should get a good idea pretty quickly. It is also probably the first proven anti-aging supplement and there is a lot of buzz around it. NAD and NADH are not absorbed and plain niacin will not raise NAD+ levels.

frozenborderline

I took one niagen capsule yesterday morning and still feel like hell on earth
this is interesting... i'll expand on this in the future, but if cfs is a problem of reductive stress, an oxidizing supplement would be bad and vice versa... i forget if NAD+ is the oxidizing form, but your report of dramatic adverse effects is cautionary

maz

Like many, I am very sensitive. I'm getting fed up of trying different things. Generally, I get all the side effects and none of the benefits so I think I will stop experimenting for a while and focus on reducing my reaction to stressfull l events, which definitely makes me ill!