August 8th, 2016: Understanding and Remembrance Day for Severe Myalgic Encephalomyelitis
Jody Smith joins with other ME voices in honor of Understanding and Remembrance Day for Severe Myalgic Encephalomyelitis.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Harvard Medical School Medical Myths CFS: Names and Claims

Discussion in 'General ME/CFS News' started by leelaplay, Apr 7, 2011.

1. leelaplay

leelaplay member

Medical Myths

Chronic Fatigue Syndrome: Names and Claims
    By Robert H. Shmerling, M.D.
    Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center
    http://www.intelihealth.com/IH/ihtP...90819.html?d=dmtHMSContent&hide=t&k=basePrint

Interesting. This, like the Harvard article on GET I just posted, also came up in "New links on MedLine Plus" today, but the article itself says last updated May 26, 2009.

Looks like they need to do some updating of information at Harvard.

2. Enid

Enid Senior Member

UK
    Can't believe this is Harvard - where have they been all these years ? As to being a mysterious illness I've one suggestion - try it.

3. justinreilly

justinreilly Senior Member

NYC (& RI)
    Better than in years past, but still disgusting misinformation. Harvard Medical School: your trusted source for iatrogenic morbidity.

CAA should have been targeting all of these sources of misinformation over the years instead of putting out their own. We need a concerted organized campaign to do this. If/when I get somewhat better I would really like to do some of that. If anyone can start one up, please go for it!

4. biophile

biophile Places I'd rather be.

This article reeks of n00b.

See more popular forum discussions.