• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Hard to take anything without overreacting

taniaaust1

8 months ago we tried to drill a tooth for filling with no anaesthesia (have done this before), but that time it hurt too much as the cavity was deeper than expected. In the end he had to pack it with fluoride and put a temporary filling over the top.

Last week I went back to have another small one filled, again without anaesthesia and to try and have a local to take the temporary one out and finish the job. However as I had a seizure from an inhaled steroid a few weeks ago, and my itching is out of control again after a probiotic trial we decided a local would be too risky right now. Anyway he tried to drill the other tooth and the same thing happened - so once again packed with fluoride and temporary filling on the top. We are hoping this will halt the progression of the decay at least - sometimes it kills it completely, but it may do nothing. I already lost one tooth to decay a number of years ago and don't want to lose anymore.

I asked him what I should do and he says he doesn't know. I asked my GP what I should do and he said he doesn't know - pretty rubbish really, especially as the NHS acknowledges I have MCAS.

@justy there are dentists out there who use hypnotherapy as a pain relief thing for those having their teeth done. I know I'm in a different country to you but there was a dentist who was an acceditated hypnotherapist in my small country town where I used to live running a holistic dental practice so I know this is being done in some places.

justy

Donate Advocate Demonstrate
@justy there are dentists out there who use hypnotherapy as a pain relief thing for those having their teeth done. I know I'm in a different country to you but there was a dentist who was an acceditated hypnotherapist in my small country town where I used to live running a holistic dental practice so I know this is being done in some places.
That's a great suggestion Tania, thanks! pretty sure I wont find one anywhere near where I live as I live in a very remote part of the UK. something to consider though.

digital dog

I had severe akathisia from a week of fish oils.
No one believes me but I know this to be 100% true.
I have a friend who got severe akathisia from an antibiotic.
Akathisia is worse than anything I have been through and anything I will ever go through.