1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
Did You Have Yourself a Crashy Little Christmas?
Jody Smith may have dodged a holiday bullet this year. She's hoping. Only time will tell. How did you fare?
Discuss the article on the Forums.

hard heartbeat/ lower than normal blood pressure

Discussion in 'Autonomic, Cardiovascular, and Respiratory' started by floxie, May 2, 2014.

1. floxie

floxie

Need some help, please. Two and half years ago I had really bad side effects from an antibiotic. One of the many effects is that it has damaged my autonomic nervous system.

A month and half ago I took a supplement and had a reaction. Went to my naturopath and found I had a viral infection in my heart. That is gone, but still having autonomic issues mainly heart issues. Three times throught the ladt two weeks or so I felt faint, lightheaded and dizzy.

Went to ER b/c I thought was having heart attack. 2 EKGs, xray,and 2 rounds blood work all came back normal. Diagnosis-anxiety. I have anxiety b/c what is going on with my body!
    Gut issues I can deal with, not sweating normal I can deal with, fatigue I can somewhat deal with, joint muscle pain and weakness I can deal with, heart issues I Am Anxious about.

I have an apt with my doctor Mag 30. I did start smart water and salt on food last night. Is there anything I can do about this pounding?

Sometimes I feel weird movements around my heart area. Tightness and some pai-but this seems to be getting better.

My anxiety is better than it was three weeks ago. But its still there.
    Since I'm a floxie (fluoroquinolone toxicity patient), meds and even suppl have adverse effects on me.

This constant pounding is horrible. Sometimes I feel it in my stomach or back, too.
    Has this pounding heart for weeks happened end with anyone else?
    Any advice or encouragement?

Gingergrrl likes this.
  2. floxie

floxie

Also, when I just walked around my house for exercise abd my heart pounds faster and harder. I know faster is normal with exercise, but the hard heartbeat where my shirt is bouncing up and down. No pain just pounding.

Allyson likes this.
  3. minkeygirl

minkeygirl Narcissism = lack of self awareness

Left Coast
    @floxie. For a few months now I can feel my heart beating in my chest. It started what seemed out of the blue. I went to the doc and had an EKG which came out normal. For now I'm taking Propranalol and when I can manage it I'll get a Holter Monitior. I don't think they are as bad as yours though so I understand your fear.

I've notice mine are much less when I'm rested and I just discovered this week that they really lessen when I started to take HydroxyB12.

I'm pretty sure mine are related to the viruses in my body because I was adding Famvir and Oxymatrine to the mix. When I stopped they started (I think).

Since my EKG my doc is not that worried so I'm not worried about them either. But I was freaked at first.

4. Gingergrrl

Gingergrrl Community Support Volunteer

USA
    @floxie Are you still here on the board? Somehow I missed your post but wanted to let you know I am also a floxie and had a severe neurotoxic reaction to Levaquin in 2010. It damaged the tendon in my arm and also damaged my autonomic system amongst other things. But in my case everything is confounded b/c in 2012 I got a severe case of mono from EBV following a minor surgery. I now have CFS and the cardiac symptoms are the worst. Like you said, I can deal with everything else but the cardiac symptoms scare me more than anything and are the most hindering to my life. I was diagnosed with IST and POTS type symptoms and now taking a beta blocker and just started Florinef.

Question- how did they discover you had a viral infection in your heart?

5. Allyson

Allyson *****

Australia, Melbourne
    have you ruled out palpitations?
    I imagine exertional dyspnea can do that

Ally

See more popular forum discussions.