1. Patients launch a $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
ME/CFS: In Free Fall Through the Looking Glass
Jody Smith continues to try to put into words the horror of the altered state that hobbles the brains of those with ME/CFS...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Happy New Year!

Discussion in 'Action Alerts and Advocacy' started by Kati, Jan 1, 2013.

1. Kati

Kati Patient in training

I am starting this new thread because I am surprised that no one else started one on the new year.
    In some ways, I totally understand, I am personally not in party mode as this illness takes bigger grips in my body. And I will only be happier when it's all over.

However New Years always sparks reflection on what I want my life to be like, what I want to change or what I want to do better.

I am thinking that for those so inclined, it would be a great exercise to look for strategies for the next year to incite social change and encourage government action.

Where do we want to be in 3 months time? What could we do for May 12th to be more visible? What should our next campaign be all about? How can we fundraise to get research funding to our experts?
    Enid likes this.
  2. adreno

adreno 3% neanderthal

Tundras of Europa
    Happy New Year!

Personally, New Year is just another day for me, and I don't make any plans I couldn't make on any other day.
  3. Kati

Kati Patient in training

Hi Adreno, my thought was more towards advocacy goals for our community
  4. Nielk

Nielk

Queens, NY
  5. Esther12

Esther12 Senior Member

I was too hungover to start a thread, following my wild debauchery. We stole a cop car, loaded huge speakers on to the roof, and then formed a convoy of ravers on the M25. We were driving around London so fast that a vortex appeared and sucked Buckingham Palace off in to space, with the Queen shaking her little fist at us as she flew past. Ah well, you're only young once.
    Clodomir, Merry, MishMash and 3 others like this.
  6. Ember

Ember Senior Member

Here's an idea to consider: Small Change to Change ME - Let's do it for ME! - ldifme

The Canadian government will apparently save $11 million/year by stopping the production of pennies on February 4th. Perhaps we could appeal to have that saving on small change passed our way.
    2013 pennies from heaven?
  7. peggy-sue

peggy-sue

Scotland
    I have often thought that the proper sort of support we need could be delivered by an organisation similar to that of MacMillan or Marie Curie cancer care organisations.

Nice, well-educated, sympathetic nurses to do home visits and give you all the appropriate advice and care and equipment; somebody who can deal with all the benefits and make sure you get what is due, without you having to go into it all and try to work out the pitfalls of legalese and excluding loopholes and crashing badly after trying to read one paragraph of that tripe.
  8. MishMash

MishMash *****

Georgia
    Yeah, baby!

[​IMG]
  9. Enid

Enid Senior Member

UK
    Late catching up - a permanent problem - but Happy New Year Kati.

See more popular forum discussions.