The 12th Invest in ME Conference, Part 1
OverTheHills presents the first article in a series of three about the recent 12th Invest In ME international Conference (IIMEC12) in London.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Hanta Virus outbreak in US

Discussion in 'Other Health News and Research' started by SilverbladeTE, Sep 1, 2012.

1. SilverbladeTE

SilverbladeTE Senior Member

Somewhere near Glasgow, Scotland
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-19447160

2. CAcfs

CAcfs Senior Member

For some reason, I feel that the U.S. is crawling with critters and infections.....maybe it's something about our climate, and all the ticks and rodents and deer. Either that, or we are just good at finding and reporting the illnesses?!? I feel like for every one virus I hear about, there must be 10 we don't know about. Sigh. Just avoid rodent poop, people!!!!! There is a reason many of us hate the idea of camping, and creepy crawlies, it is probably an evolutionary protection.

3. CAcfs

CAcfs Senior Member

I read another recent article that two men in Missouri came down with a new virus from a tick bite, that is thought to be very rare, but I think the article said it was similar to hantavirus. It was on nbcnews.com. Also, was talking to my hubby about this, and he told me hantavirus is nothing new, he remembers from years ago, camping tent material at one spot having to be disposed of because it was contaminated with rodent pee or poop, and people talking about the risks of the diseases you can catch; he seemed to imply it was hantavirus they were worried about.

See more popular forum discussions.