• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

HANSON, FLUGE AND MELLA JOIN OMF SAB!!!

msf

I´m really glad that Hanson is on the board, I hope this means that Davis and his team will start looking at the gut for the source of the metabolic dysfunction he has found. I guess he is keeping his mind open about this though, as Fluge and Mella are probably coming at this from a different angle.

Alvin2

The good news is patients don't die the bad news..
This is great news, I got the e-mail mentioning this but only skimmed it.
I seem to recall Dr Davis not being very enthusiastic about Rituximab (am i remembering this correctly?), though if it does something its a good idea to figure out how and why so a better agent can be found/designed.

Agree with many comments already made. This is really good news. I have real hope and faith that the collaboration between this incredible OMF team led by Dr Davis will find the answers to the what & why of our illness and others beside. And likely they are going to fundamentally revolutionise current medical thinking and research in the process. What a year it's going to be, and can't wait for IIMEC12 to hear more. Thank you.

Last edited:

Jo Best

It's good to see associations between researchers in different countries formalised. :thumbsup:The researchers involved have been brought together, meeting, sharing, discussing, planning collaborations, over the years via the annual international Invest in ME Conference and Colloquium events. :hug: The slogan for the 2016 events seems applicable:
'Coming together is a beginning. Keeping together is progress. Working together is success.' (Henry Ford).
Let's hope the momentum has built to the point of no return to the dark decades for ME/CFS research.

BurnA

Rock stars. All of them.

The researchers involved have been brought together, meeting, sharing, discussing, planning collaborations, over the years via the annual international Invest in ME Conference and Colloquium events

Absolutely agreed. If it wasn't for iime and OMF we would have literally no hope.

Amazing work and it does provide so much hope, a coordinated effort will find solutions much more quickly than individual groups.