1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
Ergonomics and ME/CFS: Have You Hurt Yourself Without Knowing It?
Having a chronic illness like ME/CFS can make it hard to avoid problems that come from bad ergonomics. Jody Smith has learned some lessons the hard way ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Hammock Therapy

Discussion in 'Lifestyle Management' started by _Kim_, Apr 7, 2010.

1. Hysterical Woman

Hysterical Woman Senior Member

East Coast
    Great idea, Jerry, hmmmm, wonder where we might find one of those.

HW
  2. shrewsbury

shrewsbury member

Well - this might be the first step of making it happen:

I used to have my apartment set up so that I could be in my hammock indoors. I probably went overboard, but I screwed a 2 x 4 into the outside studs of a set of 3 (one on each side of a room). Then, I screwed a thick eye bolt (sorry - doer, but non-techy here) through the 2 x 4 and deep into the middle of the middle stud. I had it so I was right beside the window.

THen I had thick s hooks (think when you buy them they say how much weight they can carry) that went between the eye bolt and the hammock hook. I could leave the hammock hanging from one of the s-hooks when not in use - or take it down and put it away.

Here's a site that says what to do as well.
  3. Jerry S

Jerry S Senior Member

Chicago
    Sounds like a good installation, Finn! As we used to say in the business, "When in doubt, make it stout."

Enjoy!
  4. shrewsbury

shrewsbury member

I didn't know you were a brew-master Jerry:Retro tongue:

Seriously though - thanks for the compliment from someone who knows. It worked and wasn't too aesthetically unpleasing.
  5. jackie

jackie Senior Member

I'm de-benching long enough to say thanks for the wonderful ideas!

Last year I tried one of those wooden, slatted "Porch Rockers"....too hard! Then, I tried one of those alternative wicker rockers....too - UPRIGHT!

So...I read this thread...I impulsively order TWO Hammocks...AND a cushy reclining chair thingy...AND another rectangular Patio Umbrella. As I posted somewhere else...makes me want to listen to Joni Mitchell sing "Carey"...and let the Summer begin! (in the SHADE, of course.)

Tiniest bit of buyers remorse...but I haven't been THAT hungry lately.

(oh...also tried one of those Zero-Gravity loungers...sort of folded up with me in it and I got stuck!)

Back to being benched...soon to be hammocked........j
  6. citybug

citybug Senior Member

NY

See more popular forum discussions.