1. Patients launch a $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
ME/CFS and the Magic of the Canine Factor
There's been plenty of research indicating that having pets is good for your health. I never really noticed any particular benefits to having cats, though that may have had more to do with my cats. They've been fairly indifferent to my presence and we've shared a live-and-let-live...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Hammock Therapy

Discussion in 'Lifestyle Management' started by _Kim_, Apr 7, 2010.

1. Hysterical Woman

Hysterical Woman Senior Member

East Coast
    Great idea, Jerry, hmmmm, wonder where we might find one of those.

HW
  2. shrewsbury

shrewsbury member

Well - this might be the first step of making it happen:

I used to have my apartment set up so that I could be in my hammock indoors. I probably went overboard, but I screwed a 2 x 4 into the outside studs of a set of 3 (one on each side of a room). Then, I screwed a thick eye bolt (sorry - doer, but non-techy here) through the 2 x 4 and deep into the middle of the middle stud. I had it so I was right beside the window.

THen I had thick s hooks (think when you buy them they say how much weight they can carry) that went between the eye bolt and the hammock hook. I could leave the hammock hanging from one of the s-hooks when not in use - or take it down and put it away.

Here's a site that says what to do as well.
  3. Jerry S

Jerry S Senior Member

Chicago
    Sounds like a good installation, Finn! As we used to say in the business, "When in doubt, make it stout."

Enjoy!
  4. shrewsbury

shrewsbury member

I didn't know you were a brew-master Jerry:Retro tongue:

Seriously though - thanks for the compliment from someone who knows. It worked and wasn't too aesthetically unpleasing.
  5. jackie

jackie Senior Member

I'm de-benching long enough to say thanks for the wonderful ideas!

Last year I tried one of those wooden, slatted "Porch Rockers"....too hard! Then, I tried one of those alternative wicker rockers....too - UPRIGHT!

So...I read this thread...I impulsively order TWO Hammocks...AND a cushy reclining chair thingy...AND another rectangular Patio Umbrella. As I posted somewhere else...makes me want to listen to Joni Mitchell sing "Carey"...and let the Summer begin! (in the SHADE, of course.)

Tiniest bit of buyers remorse...but I haven't been THAT hungry lately.

(oh...also tried one of those Zero-Gravity loungers...sort of folded up with me in it and I got stuck!)

Back to being benched...soon to be hammocked........j
  6. citybug

citybug Senior Member

NY

See more popular forum discussions.