• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Half Dead

Although never tested I believe my wife and I have the X. It hit us in 1988, me first, she eight days later. For ten years we were half dead, getting through jobs and raising kids the best we could. We both had high EBV tieters.

Today, we still have it of course, but here is a list of 10 things that help, in order of importance. I put this up because I hope it will help someone:

1. Acupunture...find one in Chinatown, not all acupuncturists are the same; I don't believe Americans are nearly as good as the Chinese. But make sure whoever it is he/she treats your immune system. If they don't want to do that find another one who will.
2. Immediately order transfer factor and take 5-6 six a day on an empty stomach.
3. Get on an anti-depressant; Dr. Komaroff at Brigham & Woman's put us on amitypline and we take 50 mgs before bed;
4. See if you have a co-infection such as candida; we do, can't get rid of it until we get rid of the X but we can kill it and watch it come out. Ugly stuff.
5. Diet, extremely important if you want to feel good; no sugar or processed foods but as you get better from the acupuncture and transfer factor, you can eat fruit.
6. Exercise, start small; I believe it stimulates the immune system and makes us feel better.
7. Be asleep by eight or nine; we have numerous sleep interuptions throughout the night
8. Probiotics, at least a 50 million count.
9. Avoid stress; stress brings on all the symptoms.
10. Drink lots of water especially if you are killing candida.