1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
The Pathway to Prevention (P2P) for ME/CFS: A Dangerous Process
Gabby Klein gives an overview of the P2P process, shedding light on the pitfalls with advice as to what we can do in protest ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Hair vs Urine test for metals

Discussion in 'Addressing Biotoxin, Chemical & Food Sensitivities' started by OkRadLakPok, Feb 22, 2014.

1. OkRadLakPok

OkRadLakPok

I had the 24 hour urine which showed extreme arsenic levels and high mercury and aluminium. There were others, but these were the highest.

How accurate do you all feel the urine is compared to the hair?

I understand the hair shows longer term exposure----however it MAY be showing environmental stuff , too? Whereas urine is what is IN your body, but just AT THAT VERY TIME?

I am due for another in 3 weeks. Urine is first choice, but I may change that depending on feedback.

Thanks!
  2. Little Bluestem

Little Bluestem Senescent on the Illinois prairie, USA

Midwest, USA
    Have you ever had a hair test? It might be interesting to do one to see how it compares to the urine test. Then again, it is difficult to compare tests taken at different times. Do not do a hair test if you use any kind of medicated shampoo or have colored hair or a permanent (does anybody do that anymore?).

See more popular forum discussions.