• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Hair Analysis question

I have the Doctor's Data hair elements test in hand. Ordered it from Yasko's testing site. Not sure what kind of hair to send. I see that you can choose the hair on your head or the other hair, from down below (trying to be tactful here). The hair on my head is color-treated but I can wait a bit and let it grow out and just send the undyed stuff close to my head or just send the other hair. The reason I want to get the sample in sooner rather than later is I want Dr. Amy to have the results when she looks at my DNA results (I sent the bloodspot back 4 weeks ago). So, my question is this. . . is the head hair better able to give a clearer picture of the bad stuff in my body and it's worth it to wait or is ALL hair able to give a good analysis?

minkeygirl

But I Look So Good.
When I had it done years ago with a doctor, they took hair from the back of my head close to the scalp. Not sure about other areas.