1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
Join the National PR Campaign for ME: Power to the Patient (P2tP)
Have you had enough of all the neglect and abuse of ME/CFS patients? Gabby Klein says now is the time for a National PR Campaign for ME/CFS to impress a change. Join the Patient Revolution to restore power to ME patients ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Hair Analysis question

Discussion in 'Addressing Biotoxin, Chemical & Food Sensitivities' started by Healthy Someday, Nov 21, 2013.

1. Healthy Someday

Healthy Someday

I have the Doctor's Data hair elements test in hand. Ordered it from Yasko's testing site. Not sure what kind of hair to send. I see that you can choose the hair on your head or the other hair, from down below (trying to be tactful here). The hair on my head is color-treated but I can wait a bit and let it grow out and just send the undyed stuff close to my head or just send the other hair. The reason I want to get the sample in sooner rather than later is I want Dr. Amy to have the results when she looks at my DNA results (I sent the bloodspot back 4 weeks ago). So, my question is this. . . is the head hair better able to give a clearer picture of the bad stuff in my body and it's worth it to wait or is ALL hair able to give a good analysis?

2. minkeygirl

minkeygirl Narcissism = lack of self awareness

Left Coast
    When I had it done years ago with a doctor, they took hair from the back of my head close to the scalp. Not sure about other areas.

3. Little Bluestem

Little Bluestem Senescent on the Illinois prairie, USA

Midwest, USA
    The company that does my hair analysis prefers head hair. I do not know why.

4. invisiblejungle

invisiblejungle Senior Member

Chicago suburbs
  5. Healthy Someday

Healthy Someday

Thank you for this article invisiblejungle. It answered all my questions!

See more popular forum discussions.