Severe ME Day of Understanding and Remembrance: Aug. 8, 2017
Determined to paper the Internet with articles about ME, Jody Smith brings some additional focus to Severe Myalgic Encephalomyelitis Day of Understanding and Remembrance on Aug. 8, 2017 ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Hair analysis and Nutritional Balancing?

Discussion in 'Alternative Therapies' started by Sporty, Dec 31, 2015.

1. Sporty

Sporty Senior Member

Essex, UK
    hi there,

Are any of you guys doing the Nutritional Balancing programme? Would loveeeee to hear of people's experiences with it.

I've been on mine for 7 months now. The diet is of particular interest! Lol

Cheers
    Simon

2. taniaaust1

taniaaust1

Sth Australia
    No not really but hair analyses picked up in had near nil of the essential trace mineral molybdenium. I then found supplementing with that then quite helpful to my brain. Within days of supplementing it, I could do basic maths in my head again which had been something I hadn't been able to do for years.

Also I had low selenium showing on hair analyses. Supplementing with that then fixed my breaking nails and splitting hair.

My mineral balances are very screwed up but I've just worked on the deficiencies which showed up.

dannybex likes this.
  3. skipskip30

skipskip30 Senior Member

Id always heard that they were a load of nonsense to put it bluntly but id be interested to hear some more informed opinions

Esther12 likes this.
  4. Bansaw

Bansaw Senior Member

I've had three mineral hair analysis tests done, and I just can't seem to elevate. My iron was low so I took ionic iron and all that did was to push way up my potassium levels which alarmed my doctor.
    My iron levels remain inexplicably low.
    I have poor absorption and am looking at other methods such as transdermal etc. I looked into Myers cocktails but my insurance wont cover those, and they are not cheap.

5. Sporty

Sporty Senior Member

Essex, UK
    No Bansaw, you should never take iron when your iron is low. It's all about balancing the levels, not bout taking individual supplements to improve ones levels. It's a complicated process.

Who said it was all nonesense SkipSkip?

6. Bansaw

Bansaw Senior Member

Thanks, yes you're right , its a more complex procedure. Iron plays on Potassium, Zinc plays on Copper etc. Its not easy. Do you have any insight on how to raise iron then?

7. cmt12

cmt12

I would say the premise of nutritional balancing is mistaken. It assumes that what caused the imbalance is no longer persisting. Our bodies already are striving for balance, but there is an opposing mechanism continuously signaling for imbalance.

I'm sure there are people who have gotten back into balance while on the program, but it wasn't because of the program; it was because stress levels decreased during that period of time. That's my understanding.

8. Sporty

Sporty Senior Member

Essex, UK
    I dunno, it kinda makes sense to me in many ways. Obviously not sold on it completely but believing toxins has always been a possible issue for me it makes sense on the detox level.

Let's be honest though, no body really and truely knows what's going on....

Little Bluestem likes this.
  9. Sporty

Sporty Senior Member

Essex, UK
    No I'm not sure how one raises their iron but im sure I read in the book the other day you don't take iron to raise it. It goes up when one of the other minerals are raised. I'm low in iron too so.... I'm with a practitioner on this so I'll ask him if I don't read it again. I'm reading the whole book as we speak....

10. Sporty

Sporty Senior Member

Essex, UK
    changes in energy and personality development were the ones who went on a mineral balancing program. Over 95% of the women who take iron tablets for their energy are not suffering from an iron deficiency at all. Millions of women are making a terrible mistake when they take iron supplements without knowing whether they need iron or not. First of all, more and more foods are enriched with iron today. Almost everything you buy in the food stores these days says, “enriched with iron” on the label –breads, cereals, canned goods. So with all that iron in women’s diets, you have to ask yourself, “How in the world can any woman be deficient in iron?” The answer is that they generally are not deficient in iron. Blood tests by themselves can be highly misleading. The main reason why so many women have a low hemoglobin count is because they have a copper imbalance –and not an iron imbalance. * Whenever there is either too much or too little copper in the body, the iron will not be able to properly attach to the hemoglobin in the blood cells. In approximately 80% of the cases, deficiency of iron is not the principal problem. If you give iron to correct a “low” iron level, the iron level will generally go even lower. This is exactly what happens to millions of women every year. The iron they take is stored in the....

11. Sporty

Sporty Senior Member

Essex, UK

12. seunderwood

seunderwood

It's my understanding 90% of the world population is Copper deficient , my last blog might help explain the Iron issue, Fighting CFS " 10 Day Remission " Just trying to help !!!

13. Sporty

Sporty Senior Member

Essex, UK
    Hey? Lol is that a reply.....?

14. Sporty

Sporty Senior Member

Essex, UK
    content of their favorite beverages. One final note: It is almost impossible to raise iron levels without improving the metabolism as a whole. That is why many individuals who consume iron supplements notice no improvement in energy.

15. seunderwood

seunderwood

16. Little Bluestem

Little Bluestem All Good Things Must Come to an End

It could be low Riboflavin (B2). Is your copper also low and lead present? You might want to read the thread on Hair Mineral Testing.

17. Bdeep86

Bdeep86 Senior Member

So do you have any proposed mechinisims to correct this? Just curious

18. Esther12

Esther12

I think that's what I remember too. Sounds like BS, so I'd be cautious with it unless there was good evidence of benefit.

19. seunderwood

seunderwood

@Bdeep86 and @Esther12 Personally, I would not go beyond trying to supplement copper, other than copper rich foods and the trace amount found in a multi-vit/min. supplement without medical supervision. I have found that drinking about 2 - 3 oz of lactose free milk with about 3 TBsp. of chocolate syrup clears my mind. The copper and caffeine combined I guess .Weird I know !! Sugar-free syrup, powdered cocoa will work also.

Last edited: Jan 20, 2016
  20. pepous

pepous

Hello,

a little old thread but found threw google so would like to renew with quiestion in my mind.

What do you think about it. Is it possible to reverse (just a bit) the tendencies of the metabolism which are draw on hair analysis JUST by suplementing right suplements to correct nutritional ratios?

I mean when thyroids affect nutrition does nutrition some way affect thyroid?

Or at least help it somehow?

Where to go if one want to work on that?

Thank you very much!

See more popular forum discussions.