1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
A disease with two faces? Re-naming ME/CFS
Persuasion Smith covers the bases on the misleading and disreputable name for our disease we've all been saddled with ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Had to call an ambulance because potassium got so low...

Discussion in 'Detox: Methylation; B12; Glutathione; Chelation' started by snowathlete, Feb 23, 2012.

1. madietodd

madietodd Senior Member

East Coast, USA
    I don't get water retention ever, from low potassium or anything else.

2. Sparrow

Sparrow Senior Member

Canada
    I haven't noticed water retention when my potassium is low. Of course, I haven't yet been able to identify any symptoms of it before it gets to the "stabbing me with an ice pick" stage. Still looking... :rolleyes:

3. rydra_wong

rydra_wong Guest

Really? It feels like an ice pick? I have the VDR genetic defect and to me the tension from that is the same as from potassium deficiency. I often have tension and potassium doesnt always make it go away - I need K,Ca,Mg,D to do the job. I am not at all sure I can tell the difference between these deficiencies myself. No pain for me, just stiffness...rigidity...I could see how it causes some paralysis.

4. rydra_wong

rydra_wong Guest

OMG, sparrow! I felt the ice pick! And like you, no rigidity went with it. I was trying to figure out why such weird things happen to me when I remembered I had had a low blood sugar attack earlier and they make you lose about 1800mg potassium! Luckily I was where food was handy and the shooting pain went down my leg only 1 time.

But OMG! I have low blood sugar attacks often. It is a lifelong thing with me - which I am so used to that sometimes when I am not near a food source I just grit my teeth through it. I never thought it was dangerous before! Since I get low blood sugar often, now I'm scared of this protocol!

Rydra

See more popular forum discussions.