• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Had a SKYPE consultation with Dr Paul Cheney last night

pattismith

This may explain
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2651670/

'IDE is reduced by the flavin in complex I, to produce semiquinone species which result in an increased level of reactive oxygen species formation, and it is reduced slowly at the physiological quinone binding site. The rates of both reactions are affected by how IDE partitions between the membrane and the aqueous phases. The “negative” effects of IDE are thus reactive oxygen species production, and the inhibition of physiological quinone reduction, caused by slow IDE product release. The “positive” effects of IDE are that, if Q10 is not sufficiently available, it increases the rate of NADH oxidation and regenerates NAD+, and its high affinity means that it may be more effective at outcompeting an inhibitor or reacting with a damaged binding site.'

I think I caused a huge B2 deficiency by adding all the other B vits, this affected reduction of Idebenone

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4487815/figure/F2/

'A second interaction of idebenone with complex I occurs at a non-physiological hydrophilic quinone binding site that overlaps with the flavin mononucleotide (FMN) moiety. Here, the one electron reduction of idebenone yields an unstable semiquinone intermediate (IdBH·). This semiquinone causes the one-electron reduction of oxygen (O2) to superoxide (O2·-), regenerating idebenone'

I never had any issues before I added B vits. I used Idebenone because Cheney used to always recommend it. My life was changed, now I am back in hell.

keenly, did you fix your problem with idebenone stop working?

Riboflavine is activated by thyroid hormons, so if you don't have enough thyroid hormons, you may lack activated B2...And if you have too much thyroid hormons, you will need more riboflavine.

keenly

keenly, did you fix your problem with idebenone stop working?

Riboflavine is activated by thyroid hormons, so if you don't have enough thyroid hormons, you may lack activated B2...And if you have too much thyroid hormons, you will need more riboflavine.

No. I can not tolerate any mito support. I get immense fatigue and muscle break down straight away.

BadBadBear

I do not know exactly how it happened. I used the B Vit sprays from Greg(B12oils.com)for 3 days, then had a collapse. Flooded with adrenaline, and have suffered since.

Interesting. I have been having high adrenaline after adding B12 oils. Had not connected the two as being possibly related. I have been off of all of my supplements and meds except Famvir and T3, trying to figure it out.