The 12th Invest in ME Research Conference June, 2017, Part 2
MEMum presents the second article in a series of three about the recent 12th Invest In ME International Conference (IIMEC12) in London.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

H2S Test or Th1/Th2- confused!

Discussion in 'The Gut: De Meirleir & Maes; H2S; Leaky Gut' started by Tabitha, Jul 1, 2016.

1. Tabitha

Tabitha

So, I am thinking of going to see Dr. DeMeirleir, actually I have an appointment made already but am not sure. I want to make sure that he'll be able to help me so I want to take his test, but when I went on proteabiopharma (which is where I read somewhere else that the test would be) they only have the th1/th2 test. Which one is the right test?

2. Jonathan Edwards

Jonathan Edwards "Gibberish"

I am not sure what you mean by an H2S test. Dr De Meirleir was interested in hydrogen sulphide a while back but I am not sure that he still is. I suspect the test no longer exists. I would not bother with a Th1/Th2 test, which is meaningless. To be honest I don't think either of these tests has anything to do with ME/CFS.

3. Living Dead

Living Dead Senior Member

The tests developed by protea are ordered from www.redlabs.be .

They don't seem to offer the H2S test any more. Taking either of these tests (H2S, Th1/Th2) would not tell you whether he could help you, anyway.

Valentijn likes this.
  4. Living Dead

Living Dead Senior Member

I was thinking of having the test named CYTH from the immunology panel.

CYTH Th1/Th2 cytokines (IL-2, IL-4, IFN╬│ mRNA)

Do you think this test is useless as well? It is not the same as the urine test.

See more popular forum discussions.