• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Gut study--free UBiome kit for participants

Sushi

Moderation Resource Albuquerque
THAT GUT FEELING…IS THERE A LINK BETWEEN YOUR GUT MICROBES AND PERSONALITY?

By taking part in this exciting research study, you will receive a FREE gut microbiome test kit!​
Anyone over 18 years of age is welcome to take part.

About our study:

Our main research question is whether gut microbiome profiles of humans differ in relation to our personality traits

This would be the first study to demonstrate a connection between our gut microbiome and personality in an adult population. The idea that microbes may influence our personality is a ‘new frontier’ but there is accumulating evidence in support of this notion. For instance, a study involving two different strains of mice with contrasting temperaments (one anxious and timid, the other bold) showed that when their gut microbiomes were swapped, the anxious strain became more bold and vice versa. Such results therefore suggest that gut microbes may contribute considerably to behavioral traits. Research has also demonstrated that manipulating the gut microbiome can reduce symptoms of stress, anxiety and depression, as well as influencing certain receptors in the brain and the activity of brain regions involved in emotional processing.

Richard7

Thanks @Sushi

as @sarah darwins notes the recruitment page is not great, indeed I don't really think it is ethical, it has no info on what they are asking us to do, no info on privacy etc no info on conflicts of interest, it does not even name the researchers.

But it is a test I cannot otherwise afford and I would be interested in seeing if it showed any similarities between people on @Hip's anxiety protocol.

P.S. I should note that ubiome has answeres to how they deal a lot of this stuff https://register.ubiome.com/images/forms/consents_combined.pdf and the faq page, but not all of it.

Last edited:

Sushi

Moderation Resource Albuquerque
as @sarah darwins notes the recruitment page is not great, indeed I don't really think it is ethical, it has no info on what they are asking us to do, no info on privacy etc no info on conflicts of interest, it does not even name the researchers.
Yep, it is not a great page. It also doesn't say for sure that you will be given your results or any interpretation if they do send you your results.

Dufresne

almost there...
Is there still an offer of a free test?

I already received mine but I've a friend who's interested and I can't seem to find the link and/or promocode to get the free test.