The Real ME: A Stock Photography Resource for the Media
We’ve all seen them in the news stories about ME/CFS: the guy in a suit at the office, yawning; the beautiful woman sitting at her desk with her immaculate make-up and elegantly coiffed hair, hand to her head and looking slightly pained.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Gut study--free UBiome kit for participants

Discussion in 'Active Clinical Studies' started by Sushi, Jul 26, 2016.

1. Sushi

Sushi Moderator and Senior Member Albuquerque

Albuquerque

Richard7 and sarah darwins like this.
  2. sarah darwins

sarah darwins I told you I was ill

Cornwall, UK
    Doesn't seem to specify what you're committing to by taking part.

Richard7 likes this.
  3. Richard7

Richard7 Senior Member

Australia
    Thanks @Sushi

as @sarah darwins notes the recruitment page is not great, indeed I don't really think it is ethical, it has no info on what they are asking us to do, no info on privacy etc no info on conflicts of interest, it does not even name the researchers.

But it is a test I cannot otherwise afford and I would be interested in seeing if it showed any similarities between people on @Hip's anxiety protocol.

P.S. I should note that ubiome has answeres to how they deal a lot of this stuff https://register.ubiome.com/images/forms/consents_combined.pdf and the faq page, but not all of it.

Last edited: Jul 27, 2016
    sarah darwins likes this.
  4. Sushi

Sushi Moderator and Senior Member Albuquerque

Albuquerque
    Yep, it is not a great page. It also doesn't say for sure that you will be given your results or any interpretation if they do send you your results.

5. Richard7

Richard7 Senior Member

Australia
    well it does say you will get the results when you click through to http://ubiome.com/pages/buynow

they also say elsewhere that they do not provide and interpretation of the results (I cannot remember if it was on the consent form or the faq page).

See more popular forum discussions.