• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

gut problems cured since using imunovir

currer

Hi everyone. I have found that my gut problems have completely resolved since starting imunovir (inosine pranobex, also known as inosine acedoben dimepranol) This happened immediately once I had started the drug and if I come off imunovir for any length of time and get a flare up of candida type symptoms or irritable bowel type symptoms, restarting imunovir stops the problem. I cannot say how much better I feel without constant digestive problems.

There have been other posts about imunovir over the years here I encourage everyone to do some research on this and consider this therapy.

Last edited:

minkeygirl

But I Look So Good.
No dosage was mentioned. I used 1,2,3,4,4, M-F. I would think that would be enough to notice something over a year. I've never seen anyone else talk about it helping their guts but we know my memory is trash.

minkeygirl

But I Look So Good.
I wanted to double check and make sure i read this right. So if you stop immunovir your symptoms come back? Candida and IBS?

So that's more managing your symptoms then curing them.

minkeygirl

But I Look So Good.
Better is good but that's not what I'm referring to. There is a huge difference between a GI problem being cured vs being managed with medication. And an expensive medication at that.

currer

Everyone knows that CFS/ME is a heterogeneous condition and so we may not have the same disease!

All I can say is that my health dramatically improved once I took Imunovir, and that the resolution of my gut problems was a major factor in this. I have had ME for 34 years so I ought to be able to tell when my health improves.

I have taken imunovir for two years now and aside from the gut improvement there has been a major improvement in my mood and energy.

There have been discussions about imunovir on this website in the past, it is worth finding them (because I do not want to go over old ground) and considering this treatment, bearing in mind that until we can define subgroups in CFS/ME people are likely to respond in varying ways

heapsreal

iherb 10% discount code OPA989,
Immunovir is an interferon inducer which gives it antiviral properties . Interferon appears to work well in treating enteroviruses, so its possible EVs could be a cause of gut problems.

I think the heading is misleading sayings its a cure but its more a treatment thats helps manage your condition not unlike people using antivirals for ebv or cmv and hhv6.

Thomas

Hi everyone. I have found that my gut problems have completely resolved since starting imunovir (inosine pranobex, also known as inosine acedoben dimepranol) This happened immediately once I had started the drug and if I come off imunovir for any length of time and get a flare up of candida type symptoms or irritable bowel type symptoms, restarting imunovir stops the problem. I cannot say how much better I feel without constant digestive problems.

There have been other posts about imunovir over the years here I encourage everyone to do some research on this and consider this therapy.
That's great! I'm jealous. Oddly enough I was given a script for Imunovir today and I'll get around to starting it soon. I've had ME for 4 years but I've had gut issues and IBS for my entire life and it causes me a lot of discomfort and anxiety since I can't digest food well and whenever I get stressed my gut goes berserk.

Does this sound like the kind of IBS you have?

What was your dosing schedule and did you require monthly uric acid tests while on this med?

Kind regards for any responses :)