1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
The Pathway to Prevention (P2P) for ME/CFS: A Dangerous Process
Gabby Klein gives an overview of the P2P process, shedding light on the pitfalls with advice as to what we can do in protest ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Gut Lining vs. Biofilm

Discussion in 'The Gut: De Meirleir & Maes; H2S; Leaky Gut' started by ttt, Jun 8, 2013.

1. ttt

ttt

Santa Monica, CA
    I'm taking some stuff to break down biofilm (Serrapeptase and Guaifenesin), but I'm also aware that my H. Pylori has burned a hole through my stomach, and I need to repair my gut lining. So I was thinking about taking glutamine. But then I'm wondering -- would glutamine be working in the opposite direction of the biofilm busters, or is gut lining a completely different thing than biofilm? I'm also a little concerned about glutamine, since Yasko makes a big deal about it being converted to glutamate, so I'd love any feedback about that, too. Thanx!
  2. Jarod

Jarod Senior Member

planet earth
    Not sure anybody is trying to study/treat biofilms right now.

I tried some biofilm type treatments and had some complications around that time. Not sure exactly what caused my problems though.

I know very little about biofilms though, so not claiming to be an expert by any means.

I seem to do poorly on glutamine, but some people think it helps. I tend to be excitotoxic.
  3. adreno

adreno 3% neanderthal

Tundras of Europa
    I don't think glutamine is a component of biofilms. But you can take zinc carnosine instead. It works great for H. Pylori and repairing gut lining.
  4. ttt

ttt

Santa Monica, CA

Thanx, Adreno. I had never heard of that. I'm currently taking Carnosine and Zinc Picolinate. Is that totally different than taking Zinc Carnosine? And if it is different, I'm concerned about not overdoing my dosage of Carnosine or Zinc. Currently I'm taking 500mg of Carnosine and 30mg of Zinc Picolinate. How would I adjust my dosage? Or is it like apples and oranges, where I don't have to worry about overdoing it?
  5. adreno

adreno 3% neanderthal

Tundras of Europa
    The research were done with complexed zinc-carnosine. Whether the combination of the single nutrient will provide the same benefits, I can't say. It is suggested here that the complex has special properties:

http://www.autismcoach.com/Articles.asp?ID=361
    cph13 likes this.
  6. Sherlock

Sherlock bicarb for exercise recovery and taming candida

US
    Glutamine for the gut lining? That'd refer to the single layer of your own cells, the epithelium.

See more popular forum discussions.