Severe ME Day of Understanding and Remembrance: Aug. 8, 2017
Determined to paper the Internet with articles about ME, Jody Smith brings some additional focus to Severe Myalgic Encephalomyelitis Day of Understanding and Remembrance on Aug. 8, 2017 ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Gut issues give me energy. Why?

Discussion in 'The Gut: De Meirleir & Maes; H2S; Leaky Gut' started by Ninan, Jun 16, 2016.

1. Ninan

Ninan Senior Member

I have severe ME/CFS and contracted what probably is a Candida infection in November. It lead to allergies which did that I had to stop my methylation protocol. I should have gone down like a rock.

But: I have energy. Every time my gut gets better I crash. And then, when the immune system falters so that I notice worse symptoms from my gut, herpes shingles and urinaty infection -- I bounce back up. I'm convinced it's because of the infection, I get better when my body fights it.

So, the million dollar question: Why? Is it immune activation that balances the immune system or is it just elevated cortisol from fighting infections? I'm leaning towards cortisol since my adrenals have gotten much worse.

Any ideas? What's more likely?

2. Christopher

Christopher Senior Member

Pennsylvania
    I don't think your gut is getting better...you probably are not feeling inflammation there anymore. I have similar issues. Your immune system is not faltering when it's going after infections it's supposed to be going after.

3. Ninan

Ninan Senior Member

First it faulters, then it starts working again. Do you get energy from gut issues too?

4. Christopher

Christopher Senior Member

Pennsylvania
    yep, and from sore throats, headaches, any immune response

See more popular forum discussions.