Get PACE removed from clinical guidelines – sign the petition!
Sasha invites you to sign a new petition to the HHS to protect patients against the PACE trial, CBT and GET ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Gut issue improvement with Doxycycline

Discussion in 'Gastrointestinal and Urinary' started by pcmenten, May 19, 2017 at 12:48 PM.

1. pcmenten

pcmenten

Vancouver, WA
    I've had long-running gut issues, about 25 years or more of IBS-D type symptoms. I was recently diagnosed with Chronic Active EBV and Lyme disease. After the conclusion of a 30-day course of Doxycycline, my gut habit has improved. I feel better, too.

I suspect that somehow my pancreas was having an issue. (My stool no longer floats.) If it was sick, it will probably take some time to recover, but so far so good.

2. 5150

5150 Senior Member

hey, how's it goin' ?

just want to inform you that any gut relief from Doxy will be short-lived (unless you keep taking Doxy , and I believe its' effectiveness diminishes the longer it's used) <--- This was my experience.

What helped my gut more than all else is VSL #3 , probiotic.

All the best to you .

Sancar and MEMum like this.
  3. Alexi

Alexi

Agreed, always take probiotics to replenish good gut bacteria

4. pcmenten

pcmenten

Vancouver, WA
    I'm not sure if I was understood. My gut issues improved a bit while on Doxycycline and improved more after the 30-day course of medication was finished. In fact, the IBS-D would seem to have become IBS-C, which is a welcome relief.

See more popular forum discussions.